DB Wiring diagram

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by sweetnsour, 26 Jun 2011.

1. sweetnsour

sweetnsour

Guys

im totally in need of assistance here

i got me a large DB and am totally stumped on how to wire this puppy up, any diamgrams for me worth looking at?

regards

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. AndrévN

AndrévN

Do you have a photo of it for me so that i can see if you have a earth leakage on there or not.

REMEMBER: when you connect this directly from your houses DB and it does have an earth leakage of its own to not connect the supply inline with your house EL as this will trip your house when something goes wrong, if it does not have its own EL then you should connect it inline with your houses DB.

But start here. Live (RED) and neutral (Black) on to the top of the earth leakage(EL) and the earth wire either bare or insulated green yellow to the strip that is directly bolted to the DB casing and is not insulated, from the bottom of the same EL go to the top of the first circuit breaker with the red wire and loop this to the top of all the breakers, the black wire will go to the terminal strip that is insulated from the DB by means of plastic holddown brackets. Now when you connect your equipment you put your live wires to the bottom of the breakers individually (these wires are usually red or brown) and the neautrals straight to the neutral bar the colours is usually black or blue wires. If you need more info just let me know and ill help you. :tt2:

4. sweetnsour

sweetnsour Thread Starter

Hey Max

heres a picture of the internals.

maybe this will be easier for you to explain.

[​IMG]

Recent Posts