Davids tank

Playsand? Why didn't you tell me what are you busy with. I have two big buckets aragonite standing around. Want it?

We really should have a chat how to cycle your tank. Look at mine, Robert brought all his rock, then corals and then fish. No problems with cycling at all.

Last edited:
You should have plenty of liverock, do you? Take the playsand out, get the aragonite from me, put the liverock in, add Henks special blend, my carbon source mix and add fish.
No cycle needed, all done in 2 days if you use natural seawater or matured saltmix.
Sump? Keep it simply, no filter, just skimmer, return pump, heater and auto top up.Think of Jimbos tank.

Playsand? Why didn't you tell me what are you busy with. I have two big buckets aragonite standing around. Want it?

We really should have a chat how to cycle your tank. Look at mine, Robert brought all his rock, then corals and then fish. No problems with cycling at all.

i got impatient and used what i had...so playsand. Is the aragonite the same as in the 1.5m?

add Henks special blend, my carbon source mix and add fish.

i have plenty of live rock. Henk is being slack so the shops dont have special blend Ive had to resort to Stability. Your dosing is vodka and lactose?

i got impatient and used what i had...so playsand. Is the aragonite the same as in the 1.5m?

Yes

i have plenty of live rock. Henk is being slack so the shops dont have special blend Ive had to resort to Stability. Your dosing is vodka and lactose?

I have special blend and nit out at home.
I can mix you a bottle of lactose/vodka/water

If you do all that, then you can be impatient. As I said all done including fish within two days.
As you know, there are two mandarins and two scooters swimming in my tank and they all picking up livefood like crazy.

If you do with the right additives, you can forget about the unnecessary cycle!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric
I agree with the unnecessary cycle. With a good bacteria strain such as special blend coupled wit carbon dosing you can easily add fish in the next few days. No need to cycle for months.

I have special blend and nit out at home.
I can mix you a bottle of lactose/vodka/water

If you do all that, then you can be impatient. As I said all done including fish within two days

thanks. Just saw you posted the recipe on Manics thread.

The liverock im using has been stripped of all life. How do you rhink this will effect the quick cycling method?

Looks good dude, it'lls look great with those hammers and polyps in it! :p

Aquascaping is brilliant! look forward to seeing it covered in coraline growth.

The liverock im using has been stripped of all life. How do you rhink this will effect the quick cycling method?

What do you mean with stripped?

I think it will help as there will be absolutely no die off from the live rock, just some good media for the bacteria to colonise.

Agreed.

I agree with the unnecessary cycle. With a good bacteria strain such as special blend coupled wit carbon dosing you can easily add fish in the next few days. No need to cycle for months.

Glad to see that you agree. I actually expected the people to write, YOU NEED A REMOTE DSB!:p

Looks good dude, it'lls look great with those hammers and polyps in it! :p
Aquascaping is brilliant! look forward to seeing it covered in coraline growth.

thanks. Still havent decided what corals im putting in it yet, the hammer might go elsewhere.

Loving your scaping. Looking forward to seeing it filled with fish and corals.

Update time.
HAve started adding some fish. The fish so far are:
A six line wrasse. Fattest one ive ever seen. If you look carefully on the left under the overhang you can just see my pencilled surgeon.
sixline.jpg

Semicircular angelfish and cleaner wrasse. No matter how hard i try i cannot get a decent picture of the semi. My small cleaner wrasse started taking flakes after being in the tank for two days.
semi.jpg

The newest addition..a tiny queen angel. Took the picture while it was still in the packet. With my amazing camera skills i doubt ill get a pic of it otherwise.

queen.jpg

Now. FTS! And what corals are in there/going in there?

will have a FTS when ive got the lights in. ONly have two very old bulbs to see the fish.
I think the angels will determine what corals i put in.

Back
Top Bottom