Davids tank

Update pic:

IMG-20180830-WA0002.jpg

Dont spend much time o my tank at all anymore. Besides Ca/Mg/KH dosing, i kind of let the tank do its own thing.

Do you test params too? Looks like the sps is very happy.

but you need more fish :p
Fish are overrated. Adding more will cause serious chaos

Agreed...but the evil maroon says no
And the brissteltooth. And the jumping bean. But i did come VERY close to adding an emperor angel

Do you test params too?
Occasionally. Used to test everything twice a week, but since getting a decent dosing regime going i only test KH and Calcium maybe once a month. If corals start looking slightly unhappy, then ill test everything. Some of the corals are good indicators of parameters.

Bit of a sad day. This will be the last update on this tank. I am moving in roughly a months time and dont want to go through the hassle/stress of moving it. This tank has taught me alot, but also has a few design issues that have been bugging me for a while. The glass is also seriously scratched and needed replacing years ago.
The plan is the keep the fish, some of my favourite corals (like the rics), and take a frag or two from each sps. The rest of the livestock and rock will be up for sale. Ill be keeping most of the hardware and the tank. While the move is happening, the limited livestock will live in a tub in the garage. I have about 60kg of dry rock to restart the tank once its up.
Once settled in the new place ill set up a new tank! No idea what size or what ill keep, so ideas are welcome. At least starting over ill finally be able to get more fish.
Pics to follow shortly

Lol, me too, moving middle of march. I'll race you to setting up a new tank. :p
I think you'll win, new place still needs some alterations, home affairs might want to redo the flooring etc etc
so awsome and stable
It is stable, but also a bit stagnant. Kind of miss adding new stuff and watching things grow

Back
Top Bottom