David Saxby's Reef

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone watched the uTube video on David Saxby's reef it is amazing, I wonder how much money he has spent on reefing in his life looks like in the millions to me?

Sorry Viper357 i disagree. David Saxby is a major shareholder in D-D Aquarium Solutions. He does not own Deltec. Here is a little insight from the knowledge i have read over the years.

In the early days (mid to late 90's) Instant ocean used to sponsor and advertise the fact that Davids tank ran on instant ocean salt.

Around 1996-8 Saxby experimented with Rowa, the water purification company and developed Rowaphos. I have a practical fish keeping mag of the time, indicating this somewhere in my archives.

Somewhere around this time when fluidised PO4 reactors were been investigated the Deltec skimmers and other aquarium items were developed. In conjunction with Deltec.

D-D first developed the T5 range of globes (suspected to be Nova) This technology was then moved to giesemann who today, outsource/manufacture for D-D. This along with the other range of light fittings.

The D-D range of chillers are outsourced and look very similar to the Hailea ones.

Considering the above the assumption that the D-D H2Ocean salt is also outsourced is very likely. Being solar evaporated there are very few companies that do this. I will leave that one for some homework and speculation.

In short D-D merely develop products in conjunction with quality manufactures and then market them. They do not own Deltec, Rowa, giesemann, Hailea and XXX salt manufacturer.

Just my take on D-D and why one pays a premium price.

Considering the above the assumption that the D-D H2Ocean salt is also outsourced is very likely. Being solar evaporated there are very few companies that do this. I will leave that one for some homework and speculation.
Something you would like me to do ;)

So the D-D salt isn't really good. It's just because it's from one of his subsidiary companies like Deltec skimmers that pushes the price up

Tony I use the salt and have had no problems with it my corals actualy love the stuff when I do my water changes

Tony I use the salt and have had no problems with it my corals actualy love the stuff when I do my water changes

Pete, I'm also using the salt and happy with it. I just don't want to be ripped off because someones name it attached to a product just like Deltec. I have also read somewhere in one of my marine books that salt from evaporated sea water isn't good because all the crap and impurities are left behind

Must say Tony I have to agree with you there, so I wonder where one would get the answer's we are looking for.

I know somewhere on the forum one of the guys was picking up nasties in the salt mix and he requested some answers from D-D I wonder what the outcome of that was. Can anybody recall that thread

Sorry Viper357 i disagree. David Saxby is a major shareholder in D-D Aquarium Solutions. He does not own Deltec. Here is a little insight from the knowledge i have read over the years.

In the early days (mid to late 90's) Instant ocean used to sponsor and advertise the fact that Davids tank ran on instant ocean salt.

Around 1996-8 Saxby experimented with Rowa, the water purification company and developed Rowaphos. I have a practical fish keeping mag of the time, indicating this somewhere in my archives.

Somewhere around this time when fluidised PO4 reactors were been investigated the Deltec skimmers and other aquarium items were developed. In conjunction with Deltec.

D-D first developed the T5 range of globes (suspected to be Nova) This technology was then moved to giesemann who today, outsource/manufacture for D-D. This along with the other range of light fittings.

The D-D range of chillers are outsourced and look very similar to the Hailea ones.

In short D-D merely develop products in conjunction with quality manufactures and then market them. They do not own Deltec, Rowa, giesemann, Hailea and XXX salt manufacturer.

Just my take on D-D and why one pays a premium price.
Hi bra you beat me to it excellent read you now your **** hey:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom