Darwin x Picasso offspring

Reaction score
Just wanted to start a new thread to document the colour development of my male Darwin x female Picasso clown offspring. All comments welcome.

IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG

How many batches do you have in the grow out systems? Or can you handle at the moment with the number of tanks you got?

Im currently growing them out in their hatch tanks but will move the first batch to a larger growout shortly. There are roughly 40 that are of the first batch and then well over 100 of the second batch so im hoping to move them all into the same growout.

Ive still got these guys at the work set up but I did move the parents home and hoping they spawn again in the new setup which should make life a bit easier.

So I take it that this one is not for sale. :m41:

Anyway, I like the progress you made, plus sharing it with us. Good luck forward.

So I take it that this one is not for sale. :m41:

Anyway, I like the progress you made, plus sharing it with us. Good luck forward.

Thanks for the kind words Riaan. Yip, this guy is for sale ( as are all the rest ) and he has been booked already by a local guy in SW so at least I can monitor his progress and use him in future as a breeder if we decide to go that route. There is definitely a pecking order in terms of amount of white on the body in each batch and obviously the more white, the more attractive the fish becomes. I have a youngster in the next batch that has almost complete white on the one side of his body and when I get time I will photograph him and post a pic here.

Of each batch there are then a number of offspring that look like normal occellaris/percula and then misbars of them too. So a great variety from each spawn.

Much fun!!

definitely my favourite fish out of this batch:

IMG_1489.JPG

Love how the white is flowing from the centre bar through the dorsal into the head band. And the extreme black edging on the fins.

This is a stunning fish !!

Ok, I want to show you guys the difference in pattern of the offspring from the same parents. I am going to select for more white pattern and use them as breeders down the line.

So first are the ones with more white:

IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2646.JPG
IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2656.JPG

And then the batch that show more natural pattern. All from the same parents. Oh, and please excuse the albino frenatus photo bombing above!!

IMG_2660.JPG

Last edited:
Some of them have really awesome patterns and choosing names can probably be a nightmare :) I have a single Darwin needing aate but it must be able to also produce Darwin and I think the closest one will get is black photon?

Back
Top Bottom