Darren's built in tank

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thought I would start the thread early to get as much advise from fellow reefers from the start.

So week 2 of my house renovations, some call it a rebuild and the fish room is starting to be built

picture.php

picture.php

The fish room is 3500 x 2200. I plan to have a built in wall tank with 2 x viewing sides, front and right.

I want to try and keep total water volume around 1500 liter. So was think of a DT with the following dimensions.

1600 x 1000 x 800 water depth of 700.

I have a lot of the hardware and am busy with a custom build led unit 600 w.

I am running a 180 lido at the moment to keep me busy that will become 1 of 3 hospital tanks that I will run.

picture.php

Will update as I go.

Will stick with softies and lps when getting the system up and running.
When nice and mature I might try out som sps. Will go for a wide variety of fish, love a busy active tank.

try keep a spot open for a sky light above tank, you'll save a tone of cash and your corals will love you for it.

+1 for sky lights - wish I could do that....

I assume the little room in the first picture would be the fishroom. Sump RO etc would be there.
Where would the display tank be? In the room on the opposite of the wall next to the doorframe?

I assume the little room in the first picture would be the fishroom. Sump RO etc would be there.
Where would the display tank be? In the room on the opposite of the wall next to the doorframe?

Hi Riaan, it will be in the room. with veiwing panels from the front and right.

maybe a rough floorplan sketch. That will help guys to visualize what you are up to.

Got home tonight and my wife was in a flat panic, she thought that my anemone was dying. She was wrong, I now have 2 :thumbup: it split.

Tank that is currently been built by George at pinetown pets.
Dimensions - 1800 long x 900 wide x 750 deep with a water level of 700.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Sump that I had the pleasure of watching George and the team from pinetown pets build. Chipping in my 2 cents along the way.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom