Darren TL550

Hi guys , i sold a whole bunch of corals got rid of that big birds nest in the corner , sold some zoas and my long tentical pin cushion
my little garden on my top ledge is coming along , basically did a little clean up.

i will do a water change tonight and take some photo's , lastly anyone use Chemi - Clean for cyno ?

Hi guys , my tanks cyno problem is officially bothering me , going to pick up some Chemi-clean today to sort the problem out , other than that i am happy
my little zoa garden has started to take shape . i want to also look at changing my small wave maker to one of the blue sun sun ones they are much better.

end of the month i am going to up my KH level and start dosing different i hope i see some positive changes from that. still also want to get my other pharos unit running on my tank will be insane light
i just need to actually make a plan and sort out my brackets.

My SPS love that green Digi

my zoa garden

and of course a full tank shot :) with dirty glass you cant even see my Fungia plates

Attachments

• 20200922_182537.jpg
    20200922_182537.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 38
so i went through some photo's

got a photo of the tank when it was a few weeks old ,
since then i battled a terrible bryopsis outbreak but i sorted it out since then ,

i have recently purchased a rainbow BTA for my clowns as they were hosting my goni and i was worried they might kill it because it would close up everytime they went near it funny enough the goni actually took to the clowns and has been even happier since they started hosting it .

i then moved my rasta zoa frag because the BTA settled near it . i have bought a frag of bam bams as well as a frag of king midas zoanthids i excited to start a little garden on my substrate.
attached some photos .

What are the zaos in the 2nd picture middle ones (Red lashes)

What are the zaos in the 2nd picture middle ones (Red lashes)
Hi bud , i think you are talking about the Bullseye zoas , i actually dont have anymore of those i sold all my frags i had extra ones but my nem took them
out i think its part of the Vietnam / Eagle eye zoa family .

Hi bud , i think you are talking about the Bullseye zoas , i actually dont have anymore of those i sold all my frags i had extra ones but my nem took them
out i think its part of the Vietnam / Eagle eye zoa family .
Thanks, they look stunning .. haven't seen that type before.

Hi guys so as you all know i have been battling with the Green Cyanobacteria , i got Chemi-Clean dosed for 48 hours and got amazing reaults.
check my video below, i will be doing alot more video's. :thumbup: if you enjoyed the video please like it

Hi there so i decided to bite the bullet and take out the anemone it was just taking up precious space, my tank is officially cyno free too.
i entered a Competition in association with Easy Reef and i came 3rd so that was a nice start to my day :) Got a tub of Reef Roids and a R500 gift voucher

last photo of my tank with the Nem it it

my whole scape out of the tank to remove the nem was super scary, but everything went smoothly :thumbup:

Morning guys , so i started dosing Cal and upped my KH as well , i will get the parameters where i want then will work out my weekly dosing .
my ledge with my zoas broke off :m29: obviously damaged something when i removed my scape to get the BTA . i will attempt to fix it this weekend with some stone fix,
i hope it goes smoothly.... anyways check out my Video i will be doing a lot of videos of local reefs and updates on mine so maybe subscribe and like my videos :thumbup:

Hi Guys so its been a while since i did my last update more because there are not many people following my thread so dont really want to put the time into a post for nothing haha :thumbup:
the last month i have been testing my water very often trying to get my parameters where i want them i eventually worked out my daily usage of Cal and Alk so will see in the near future if my dosing will
help growth wise. i must be honest though even though i am sticking to my weekly water changes i have not been giving my tank hands on maintenance it needs having a 5 month old baby keeps a person on their toes :m04:.

My Tank took a heavy knock when i had to fix my ledge that broke off i lost one of my Birds-nest (was not a common one ) some of my normal green one died back , all my coraline faded and my monti-plate also took a knock but is bouncing back nicely . i had to wait about 15-20min for the stone fix to try i did try keep my rocks wet but clearly was not good enough.
i have some excess nutriets which i am going to tackle soon too my SPS colours are just not popping like they used to.

i added another dose of chemi-clean this morning. For some reason after about a month my green cyno has started coming back i must say chemi-clean is a great product!!!
oh since removing my BTA my clowns have started abusing my Gonipora a lot more than before frustrates me so much:m29:. i have recently added a frag of rainbow hornets to my tank and tonight i am going to pick up a frag of eagle eye / Vietnam zoas that i will be adding to my little zoa garden (which is looking great) also getting a purple Favia with green mouths i am not sure what its called maybe someone could help i hope its more on the less common side though.

i think i have covered everything haha please guys let me know what you think!!!:thumbup::m04:

this is my scape while i was fixing the ledge with stone fix back and front .... was super nerve wrecking!

below is my mine Zoanthid garden , a nice side view :m07:my favorite , and a full tank shot( i added another sun sun wave maker)

These are the eagle eye / Vietnam zoas and the the Favia i will be collecting tonight. what do guys think? i got them at a great price.

Did you remove the anemone beacuse it was stinging other coral? Im thinking of adding a small one for my clown to host because it currently trying to host most of my LPS that I have , frogspawn hammer and duncan.

Last edited:
Did you remove the anemone beacuse it was stinging other coral? Im thinking of adding a small one for my clown to host because it currently trying to host most of my LPS that I have , frogspawn hammer and duncan.
hi bud i removed it because it was growing very fast , i did not want it to decide to move one day and then it kills my sps.

Hi Guys so its been a while since i did my last update more because there are not many people following my thread so dont really want to put the time into a post for nothing haha :thumbup:
the last month i have been testing my water very often trying to get my parameters where i want them i eventually worked out my daily usage of Cal and Alk so will see in the near future if my dosing will
help growth wise. i must be honest though even though i am sticking to my weekly water changes i have not been giving my tank hands on maintenance it needs having a 5 month old baby keeps a person on their toes :m04:.

My Tank took a heavy knock when i had to fix my ledge that broke off i lost one of my Birds-nest (was not a common one ) some of my normal green one died back , all my coraline faded and my monti-plate also took a knock but is bouncing back nicely . i had to wait about 15-20min for the stone fix to try i did try keep my rocks wet but clearly was not good enough.
i have some excess nutriets which i am going to tackle soon too my SPS colours are just not popping like they used to.

i added another dose of chemi-clean this morning. For some reason after about a month my green cyno has started coming back i must say chemi-clean is a great product!!!
oh since removing my BTA my clowns have started abusing my Gonipora a lot more than before frustrates me so much:m29:. i have recently added a frag of rainbow hornets to my tank and tonight i am going to pick up a frag of eagle eye / Vietnam zoas that i will be adding to my little zoa garden (which is looking great) also getting a purple Favia with green mouths i am not sure what its called maybe someone could help i hope its more on the less common side though.

i think i have covered everything haha please guys let me know what you think!!!:thumbup::m04:

this is my scape while i was fixing the ledge with stone fix back and front .... was super nerve wrecking!

below is my mine Zoanthid garden , a nice side view :m07:my favorite , and a full tank shot( i added another sun sun wave maker)

These are the eagle eye / Vietnam zoas and the the Favia i will be collecting tonight. what do guys think? i got them at a great price.

Hey bud tank is going great, actually interested in what gsp u use for ur background?
The dragon soul favia looks amazing, :m106: :m106:

Hey bud tank is going great, actually interested in what gsp u use for ur background?
The dragon soul favia looks amazing, :m106: :m106:

Hi bud thank you so much :cheers2: its normal GSP not the bright lumo one , the light just catches it nice this one is more of a lighter green, and thanks for helping me with the favia i didnt know what it was called, i did not get a gap to fetch it yesterday hopefully today.

Bro why not start a insta page just on your tank then u post here and there, I'm more people would interact

Hi bud maybe i should , i started a little you-tube channel but i am not one for the camera , insta sounds like a plan .
i went and picked up my corals will post pics abit later , i am slightly disappointed with the colour of the favia but i think it wasn't happy in the previous guys tank .

pics to follow bud :)

Quick update , i added my 2 new corals on Saturday afternoon , i only took a photo of the favia as the zoas were not open yet. i also managed to catch my twin spot out.
took another FTS before my water change on Sunday , i put my goni on a piece off egg crate as well not in the photo though hope it helps because my clowns kept burying it.

Back
Top Bottom