Darren TL550

Hi guys , no new updates , tanks is doing really awesome i got a tiny bit of green cyno , i fixed my return pipe with the nozzle attached in the last post ,
my light (pharos 90W led unit) is acting up every now and then it wont let me ramp up my lights as individual colours :m29: i would love to get something new but just cant afford it at this current time ,
the green fungia plate is also doing really awesome. lastly i am thinking of removing my anemone any tips of how to get it out the rock work ?

Leave the anemone. Too many times we tend to fiddle and cause problems. Your tank is awesome. Dont fix what isn't broken

Leave the anemone. Too many times we tend to fiddle and cause problems. Your tank is awesome. Dont fix what isn't broken
i suppose good point , i will probably break all my sps trying to get it out . its just taking up so much space .
appreciate it bud , i will rather leave it be

hi guys , did a little tank cleaning the weekend my tunze 9004 skimmer is a little beast.

i am still in search of a wireless controller for my Pharos unit i have got 2 leads but will see as i am waiting for photos.
i also bought a bottle of Fuel by seachem i am keen to see if it will give me some growth.
3 random close ups i took after my water change , i am definitely still considering taking out the BTA, oh i also broke my red monti plate by accident luckily it was a small piece
thats the only thing with keeping SPS you need to be so careful when working in your tank.

some good news , managed to find another Pharos 90W with a wireless controller , should be on its way to me from today hopefully i get it this week still.
was thinking about running both on my tank might be abit of an overkill but i wont run the lights crazy bright. :thumbup:

going to go pick up another small hammer and froggy tonight, also have a small piece of acro i need to go fetch super exited for that piece.

Hi Guys , my light should arrive on Monday i am really excited, i will need to try make a plan and get mounting brackets made for it though as i dont want to hang them.

i also got those other froggies they are not in good shape though and were covered in GHA i left them in some reef dip took off the dead heads and tried to clean as much of the GHA off
as i could just hope i have not seeded my tank with anything bad now .
some photos below , tank is starting to get too small.

Hi guys , i hope everyone had a good weekend . So Friday my lights arrived nice and early i only expected to get them today they are in great condition i assume its the Gen 2 pharos unit as its got
the violet LEDs where mine only had the blue and royal blues, now that i got the WiFi controller i can sit and work out a proper lighting schedule :thumbup: please guys any help would be greatly appreciated .

my green fungia plate is looking really beautiful considering how it was hanging on for life when i got it. I did no tank maintenance over the weekend besides mix some water having a baby keeps you busy :m28:.

i took a full tank shot for you guys its not the best one with the tank being all dirty but at least you can see the new lights.

if you look in the above photo where i have placed my BamBam zoas that is an awesome ledge where i want to place the balance of my zoas but the BTA will kill them so i still am considering taking it out .

last photo of my Gonipora i never take any photos of it because its tucked away in a back corner the only place where it can stretch and open up nicely, i would love to get a red one .

My LFS told me about glueing SPS on my back wall on my 550TL. I have a small bunch. How quick do they grow. and how long did it take you to get the full back sorted?

My LFS told me about glueing SPS on my back wall on my 550TL. I have a small bunch. How quick do they grow. and how long did it take you to get the full back sorted?
hi bud you mean GSP ? i assume..... once settled it will grow at a decent rate obviously depending on your water parameters . however if you do mean SPS yes still possible but also depends on your lighting and water SPS is not for someone who has just started in the hobby once you learn how everything works together then i would say try some SPS.

Lol senior moment there. Yes I meant GSP. Cool Wanted to find a place for them to flourish without taking over the the rocks.

Hi Dazz. I have a very small live rock approx. 50mm with GSP growing on it. Can you please let me know how to attach the rock/GSP to the back wall of my tl550

Hi Dazz. I have a very small live rock approx. 50mm with GSP growing on it. Can you please let me know how to attach the rock/GSP to the back wall of my tl550
hi bud instead of using the whole rock take a blade and scrape it from under the base of the GSP it will slide easily making a little mat of GSP put some REEF safe glue at the back of it and stick it on once its stuck it will eventually take on its own and start spreading , this stuff is super hardy and wont just die . you do get some faster growing GSP than others , the bright lumo green one is a tad bit on the slower side but looks much better .

Lol senior moment there. Yes I meant GSP. Cool Wanted to find a place for them to flourish without taking over the the rocks.
always nice to have a solo rock on the substrate with it

Thank you very much Dazz
anytime bud :) i will take a photo of mine for you guys it looks smart , although sometimes alot algea gets trapped behind it

Hi guys been a bit busy , still got some green cyno skipped the last 2 water changes everything is still looking happy though, light been running at about 50% and has helped with the cyno issue slightly.
i got 40L of salt mix getting ready at home will do a good cleaning of the rear chambers and floss ect ,My nem moved to the center of my rocks which is awesome now i got my ledge back where i want to make my zoa garden . i also fragged some of my Rastas just need to see how well they recover , i have been using Fuel by Aqua vitro the last month very good product by seachem i have seen some good growth as well as coloration on all my corals.

morning guys , just a quick one , i moved some of my zoas to the ledge i previously mentioned as mu BTA has decided to stay in one spot now.
i need to look at fragging the birds nest at the bottom its so close to my glass i cant get the magnet cleaner in between it without breaking the coral.

i got a new phone so still trying to set the camera for the lights , i still need to get a WOW piece in my tank though. :thumbup: :lookhere:

morning guys , just a quick one , i moved some of my zoas to the ledge i previously mentioned as mu BTA has decided to stay in one spot now.
i need to look at fragging the birds nest at the bottom its so close to my glass i cant get the magnet cleaner in between it without breaking the coral.

i got a new phone so still trying to set the camera for the lights , i still need to get a WOW piece in my tank though. :thumbup: :lookhere:
20200909_191150.jpg
You whole tank is the wow piece:m23:

Back
Top Bottom