Darren TL550

Reaction score
Hi Guys ,i did a little bit of tank maintenance yesterday , cleant out my rear chambers and took all my pumps apart gave them a good clean.

also decided to take my zoas off the rack and start a little garden on my substrate will see how long my wrasse leaves the plugs alone for.
i am getting a new green fungia plate hopefully tomorrow , its going to look awesome next to my orange one .

going to be looking for a frogie and another hammer soon.

side view after the water change

Reaction score
So , last night i got my new green fungia plate its not in the best condition but i will get it to bounce back ! i had to put all my zoas back on my frag rack as my wrasse started throwing
them around after the first day of being on my substrate, my plan is to go to my LFS and buy a nice flat piece of rock and glue all the plugs onto that in order to make a little garden .

i will post pics on the progress of the green fungia as i get it to slowly bounce back.
some random close ups i took recently.

218907 218906 218905 218904 218903 218902

Reaction score
Hi everyone , just a small update on the green fungia plate , i have been feeding it small pieces black sea sprat it seems to be recovering nicely but still not that happy yet ,
i have sold my Hollywood stunner chalice as its getting big now and its sweeper tentacles are getting very long which is not nice for me having such a small tank ,
i have purchased 2 nice frog spawns one with 4 heads and one with 5 heads i should be getting them in this week they will look cool in my little garden :)

thanks for the likes , please any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated!:slayer:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys , so yesterday i tried to carefully take my chalice off its rock which did not work so well its a lot softer than a monti plate and it broke into 4 luckily the guys still bought it.

i got home from work yesterday murky tank with my sugar fine aragonite everywhere:m29: my fiance had moved one of my power heads as she was checking something for me while i was at work
and she did not put it back in the same place i had it causing a big stir up but anyway on the bright side i got my 2 new frog spawns:slayer: i am really happy with them i took a quick photo before work this morning and they had already started settling in, i haven't placed them in position yet.

tonight i want to glue some zoas on the ledge i had the chalice on just need to decide which ones i will choose i want to have the best colour combination possible maybe bam bams and the king midas will look cool .

Dhasvir

Dash
Reaction score
Hey buddy, how did you get your GSP to grow on the back glass? I bought 2 new GSP frags and they are doing well on the frag plug, almost encrusting the whole thing but I would like it to grow on the one side panel of glass I have. Should I cut the Bud part and use coral glue and glue it on a glass panel or is there another way :m85:

Reaction score
Hey buddy, how did you get your GSP to grow on the back glass? I bought 2 new GSP frags and they are doing well on the frag plug, almost encrusting the whole thing but I would like it to grow on the one side panel of glass I have. Should I cut the Bud part and use coral glue and glue it on a glass panel or is there another way :m85:
hi bud that stuff spreads so easy , just take a blade slice it from the base like you would with a mushroom and glue it to where ever you would like , once it has settled it will take off .

Reaction score
Hello. Stunning tank. I have a similar size one, running for 2 weeks now. Great inspiration. Thanks.

Reaction score
last night was eventful one of my turbo snails decided to park off in front of my return pump pipe causing it to spray up like a sprinkler water went everywhere plugs got wet too luckily nothing was damaged .

today's mission is to get an extension of some sort that will not cause any problems next time something blocks it :m29: i was ready to give up , i can only imagine what would of happened if i was not home .

Dhasvir

Dash
Reaction score
last night was eventful one of my turbo snails decided to park off in front of my return pump pipe causing it to spray up like a sprinkler water went everywhere plugs got wet too luckily nothing was damaged .

today's mission is to get an extension of some sort that will not cause any problems next time something blocks it :m29: i was ready to give up , i can only imagine what would of happened if i was not home .
1596710715972.jpg

You can do something similar to what my tank has, the bottom curve pipe in the tank is open and it has a cut out in the pipe above the water. So if the bottom is blocked, the top cut out would just flow from there and it creates surface agitation.

Reaction score
1596710715972.jpg

You can do something similar to what my tank has, the bottom curve pipe in the tank is open and it has a cut out in the pipe above the water. So if the bottom is blocked, the top cut out would just flow from there and it creates surface agitation.
Hi bud thanks for the pics , i did come right my LFS assisted me with a nozzle

Top Bottom