Darren TL550

Reaction score
Hi guys
so this is my second nano tank trying the odd sps pieces and trying to be abit picky with coral choices .

my tank has been running since December 2019

hardware :
lighting - 90w Pharos LED unit .
Skimmer - Tunze 9004
Return pump - Boyu 1200L
Wave makers x 2 - Cheapies

live stock:
3 local anthias
1 local twin spot corris
2 clowns
1 blue chromis
1 purple fireshish
5 turbo snails

i still got some more clean up crew i want to add.

i dont have much coral at the moment but i wont be adding too much more but i still have some pieces on my list i am wanting to add.

my rock i bought from my LFS and used Aqua forest stone fix to make my scape.

water changes i was doing 20L once a week using the seachem vibrant sea salt however i have recently decided to change it to 20L ever 2 weeks as my corals dont seem to settle as nice when i do weekly changes.

i am only currently dosing ALK(still new to the dosing thing) after every eater change i put a cap of stability.

i have been following a lot of posts on MASA for a while now and have learnt a lot .

i will attach some pics these are about 2 weeks old , as you know we all have 100s of photos of our tanks just never know which ones to upload
, i apologise if any information is not relevant as i have not posted before.

Reaction score
That twin spot wrasse is gonna cause havoc with corals, turning upside down and knocking off. I had one but my moray leopard eel decided he was a tasty treat:m15:

Otherwise it looks perfect and awesome, well done bud!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That twin spot wrasse is gonna cause havoc with corals, turning upside down and knocking off. I had one but my moray leopard eel decided he was a tasty treat:m15:

Otherwise it looks perfect and awesome, well done bud!
hi bud yes agree 100% he was tiny when i caught him however luckily his very tame so its easy to catch him i will let him get slightly bigger then he will going :D

Reaction score
so i went through some photo's

got a photo of the tank when it was a few weeks old ,
since then i battled a terrible bryopsis outbreak but i sorted it out since then ,

i have recently purchased a rainbow BTA for my clowns as they were hosting my goni and i was worried they might kill it because it would close up everytime they went near it funny enough the goni actually took to the clowns and has been even happier since they started hosting it .

i then moved my rasta zoa frag because the BTA settled near it . i have bought a frag of bam bams as well as a frag of king midas zoanthids i excited to start a little garden on my substrate.
attached some photos .

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just a small update , my SPS is doing super great , i also added a new orange Aus fungia plate as well as a purple tip frog spawn .
i sold my plug of blue hornet zoas had +- 25 heads on that went super cheap. @R700

i been thinking of changing my lights to like an AI prime 16 i would love that new light by red sea but the price is abit steep and i dont think there a any used ones around
my Pharos unit is still amazing an packs a punch but just does not pop my corals colours as much as what i would like.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How much is maintenance costs per month on a rig like this?

Hi bud , look everyone is different , depends on what coral you keep , what you want to dose , feed and weather you want to you use NSW or mix. my tank does not cost me too much as i buy a big box of salt which lasts me close to a year.T he only monthly costs besides electricity is my RO water i buy to mix salt and to top up that cost me like R100.00

Reaction score
Hi everyone , my last water change i decided to cut back some of my GSP that was growing on my side glass as it was starting to cover my side view , also attached two random photos of my
candies eating and honeycomb leptastrea, a nice photo of my gonipora that was all fluffy.

also

looks like i am getting some green cyno i have been reading up on it doesnt seem like too much of a train smash to get rid of i added some phosgaurd hope that helps and obviously cleant my first chamber filter pads , any advice though ?

last attached will be a nice FTS :)
thanks to the guys that are checking my tank out.

Shawn1937

BandedBoxer
Reaction score
Hi pls send me a whatsapp message. I would like to get your help as I am planning on doing a small tank as well.0788818403 your tank looks awesome

Top Bottom