Darn skimmers!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Annoying, 24 Sep 2009.

1. Annoying

Annoying

Hello everybody

I got a second hand tank a few days ago that came with a Jebo 182 II skimmer. I know the make isn't good or trustworthy but just wanna know how to set it up because it continiously flows over or something. Please any setup guides it didn't came with a manual...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Johan van Aardt

Johan van Aardt I love marines [R.I.P.]

Trust me u could just as well have nothing rather than that, it just doesnt work and requires constant fiddling

just my 2c

4. Giepie

Giepie

The problem is not the skimmer, it's the pump you get with it... The skimmer got a flowrate of 350-400L/h, but the pump pushes 1500L/h.

This is what I did with mine:
    On the pump is an airflow connector then there' another's one on the skimmer's intake pipe. Put your airtube in the skimmer's intake and open up the pump's one (there should be a little rubber cap that fit over it). Once done, you can control the flowrate to your skimmer even more with the adjuster ontop of the pump's outward flow pipe - the one that conntacts with the skimmer. Lastly, open your skimmer's overflow pipe completely (the skimmer got the same kind of flow controler that the pump have).

It will take a few days of trial-and-error for you to get the flow right, but it will come right... ... Right, but not perfect...

My Jebo skimmer runs 24/7 and I only have to clean the cup out every 3rd day. Another flaw in the design of the skimmer - the cup doesn't have an overflow pipe, so you'll have to empty it manually.

BUT... Just like you said - a lot of reefers don't like Jebo and yes, I'm planning on buying a bigger, better one in time, but for now, Jebo is okay for my nano system.

Like Johan said: "my 2c" worth as well

viper357 likes this.
  5. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

Thanks I finally got it right and it started pouring the skimmate out!:thumbup:

6. IMarine

IMarine

i had a jebo skimmer some time ago if you got the right pump you will not have a problem post pics i think i got the right pump and if it is the skimmer i had you can get the pump no charge

7. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

It's a 2003 submersible pump. It came with the skimmer... Is it the same?

8. aslam

aslam

Hello Annoying,the 2003 submersible pump is a jebo pump,which is rated at 2000l.I know you are excited to get this skimmer skimming.My advice,if finance permits,get another skimmer.As mentioned before,this skimmer has to be constantly adjusted,which is quite frustrating.

9. IMarine

IMarine

aslam is 100% correct but if you still want the pump its yours but i need to see a pic before sending the pump to you

10. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

Ya your right but I'm just gonna give it a chance I got it to start skimming perfectly with the stinkiest and dark skim that I want so I'll keep an eye on it;).

Thanx

11. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

I don't think I'll need it but thanx by the way. I took of the piece of rubber on the pump and connected the skimmer and pump with a pipe with a hole in so the 2000 litre pump is now down to a few litres so it's working now but thanx anyway:thumbup:!

12. IMarine

IMarine

anytime

Recent Posts