Danimal's first tank!

it's 2mm thick. gonna go down to the beach tomorrow morning, will try get 2 or 3 trips in before work. same again tomorrow afternoon. should take 8 trips total to fill tank and sump. man am i gonna be tired!

for sure you will be tired after collecting all that water! What is your total volume again for water?

Well look at it this way - once the water is in then its not bad after that - and you will have something nice to look at! Your equipment all sorted and ready (Skimmer, lights, heater,etc? What about the plumbing, all done?

plumbing is sorta done, should finish tonight. lights still need to be installed, had a few issues painting the hood :( cant get it to match the same shade as the other furniture in the lounge, and the wife has made it pretty clear they must match...:whistling: can't have mismatched furniture now! :nono:

well i did two trips to the beach this morning - i have 2 25l jerry cans and OMG they're frikkin heavy when full of NSW! i need around 400l, so thats another 6 trips! eish....

ok so after lugging 400-odd liters of seawater up to my flat, we are up and running! :slayer: I am using CaribSea Aragonite in my display tank, the poacket says will stay make the water murky for a day or so, so it's pretty siff right now.
21254a9994f5b8a6c.jpg

got one piece of live rock! :) all 6kgs of it. will get more soon. can't see right now cuz of murkiness.

21254a999535d21d6.jpg

engine room. DSB is 18cm thick - is it maybe a bit too deep? took a bit more sand than necessary!

21254a99957c1e410.jpg

21254a9995a38ee79.jpg

now a question about my skimmer. I am certain that it's running too "wet", or the foam is forming to high as the cup is filling with some very murky water. Compared to the skimmrs in the LFS, the foam is not right at all. My adjuster pipe is at its lowest setting, and any higher simply makes this worse. What can I do? I realise that there isn't much to skim right now, but there is a bit of life from the LR, so it should be doing something. Also, I'm not too sure if it should even be on right now, as there seems to be a lot of foamy stuff around from the aragonite - should I leave the skimmer off for now, and let the aragonite stuff settle?

Any advice much appreciated!

Give the tank a chance to clear up first any adjustment on the skimmer at this point is useless. Nice job with the steel stand.

Oh why are you closing the value on the tank outlet.

Back
Top Bottom