Dangerous or not?

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
cant really make out.. at a guess perhaps a nudi/ slug?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Does it move about? it looks a bit like a nudi as Les pointed out, but i wondered if it might be a nem?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like an sand anemone lying on it's side to me.... not like a nudi at all.

Even though the picture is not too clear..... This little creature's body is rounded, whereas a nudi's body is usually flattened....

The nudi's have external gills on the "clearly" top side of the body, where-as this little creature, has "tentacles" covering the complete one "end" of it....

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
From what i can make out, it looks like an swimming anemone.
CaCO3 google swimming anemone or (Boloceroides mcmurrichi) and let us know if it is anything like the 1 u have in your tub.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
eish i can see it better now... does resemble an anemone..

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Closest to it so far is the Riterri (radianthus magnifica). It has settled on a rock high up near the surface and adhered to the rock, the head has opened up and the beginnings of short tentacles heading out. Still white, but it was in darkness for a day or two. It is about the size of my thumb, bit smaller. Will try get a clearer pic tomorrow morning when it has settled properly. Thanks guys, Dare I say I have the pros stumpted???? LOL

CaCO3

Bristleworm
Reaction score
Was also thinking Bartholomea annulata? Very similar looking from the top.