Damsel

Reaction score
Hi

I have a Damsel (Four Stripe)

At times it is swimming on it's side, as if playing. I know this sounds weird, but the fish has been doing this for over a week. It is not sick at all, as all the fins are fine, color is perfect, the fish eats like a demon and the most important factor is that this sidewise swimming is not causing it to swim into any rocks. It has full control over boyancy (spelling?) as it can choose when to swim upright and when not to. It is as if it chooses a nice water flow and then just let's rip in the current. The other day I even saw it do a double 360 SIDEWAYS...

Is this normal? Is there any way I can post video on this site then I can show you. What has happened is that the fish was sucked in (twice) by my water outlet into the sump. Riding a super tube!!!

After that, it has gone crazy!!

Help?

Jaco - what type of damsel is it?

I know that in the sea (on the REAL reefs) some fish spend their lives swimming at strange angles.... it could be possible that this damsel was one of those fish.....

It could possibly have developed a "liking" or natural direction (what is up or down) affinity...

It could be possessed by demons - damsels are fish from hell afterall... :lol:

That's the whole thing. The fish isn't sick at all. And the fact that it is not so "unbalanced" that it swims into stuff, tells me it's something else.

Here are some pics of him (swimming upright though) - I will take a video today and post it on YouTube and send you the link. Then you can see this for yourself. Weird...

1459498150e4b2c6c.jpg

1459498150e4bc0d7.jpg

Hey guys. Thank your all the advice. It is not important at the moment anymore though, as a power outage left my Damsel for dead last night. I will take the advice for future use though.

Thanks

Jaco, sorry to hear about the death of the fish, but as you asked, it is a Black tailed humbug (Dascyllus Melanurus)

Back
Top Bottom