Cyno bacteria problems

Reaction score
Hi guys so im still struggling with cyno. Have been know since desember. Increased flow 2xrw8 wavemakers no fish in tank for 6weeks due to white spots only feeding cuc now and then. Lights zt6600 daylight for 6 hours. Vacuum rocks and sand once a week but cyno comes back after a day. Uv in tank skimmer set to skim wet. Bought alge and nitrate remover pads. Using a reactor with seachems seagel. But no luck in reducing it. I dont want to go the cemical route dose 3 parts daily.
Please help me my tank is 6 months old.

2016-03-15 13.01.14.jpg

20160313_160851.jpg

20160313_160856.jpg

Reaction score
Hi, Just some experience from my side. It took me doing a few things at the same time to eventually get rid of cyano for good. I added nitraguard to the tank in the bomb method, did a total black out of the tank for 3 days, removed the light, covered the tank in newspaper. on the third day, before removing the newspaper, i then did a 50% water change. When you remove the paper you will see a white dust on the rock and sand, you must remove all of this dust. This is what worked for me. I never had cyano again.

Reaction score
Hi guys so i did a deep clean on tank today and i found that my flipper algea window scrapers blade started to rust can this also be a cause of the cyno and hair alge. Is it dangerous for my tank. Im runing carbon.

Reaction score
I cannot comment on the rust causing cyno or hair algae but remove the blade immediately. Rust can leach copper and all sorts of other unwanted metals that could be detrimental to the system. If it were me I would probably do a good 40/50% water change and would look at getting some Seachem cuprisorb to run just until I was sure that the rust has had no negative effects!

Reaction score
Ok so after alot of research and pondering i decided to use chemiclean i did the hole check list on fixing problem but no luck. I followed the instructions to the point of chemiclean and im at 24 hours now and all is good and cyno is disappearing. With no ill effect even my bta ate 2day. Will keep you updated on progress

Reaction score
Ok so after 48 hours all is good in tank only lost one thing the cyno and that is a good thing my view on chemiclean it works but you have to follow directions on package. Its there for a reason.

20160401_170859.jpg

20160401_170842.jpg

Reaction score
Was wondering how your tank is doing now after a few month now.
Did the cyno comeback at all? or any lasting negative effects maybe?