Cyclop-eeze?

Reaction score
Just bought myself a small can. apparently this stuff is very good for coral is that right?
I noticed though that when i put it in my tank alot of it floats to the top so when i eventually switch my main pump on again the small particles land up on the floss. Is there a way to further dilute the stuff or does it just happen like that.
:errrr:

I also found that. Even soaking it for half an hour did not help much. It wouls be a truly awesome food if it would just disperse into the water column and not float so much.

Mike/Hill - I used to use (and wanna start using it again) frozen rotifiers. This REALLY works wonders in a tank, for the corals and filter-feeders..... This is the only commercial frozen food item that I would endorse using.....One block of frozen rotifiers made my tank water look PINK for about 5 minutes or so - this is how easily and how awesome the dispersion was.....

alot of it does move around the tank but most of it ends up in the floss making the floss very expensive. that sucks

The best way to use this and coral frenzy is soak for 30 minutes, switch off your return pump, then use a turkey baster and release deep under the surface of the water.

Leave the return pump off for 15-20 minutes and the fish and coral will consume everything :)

That is what I used to do. Referring to Warr. But I rekon I still lost between 30 and 50% over the overflow.

Just a slightly related question (might be a dumb question, coming from me ;-) - how do rotifiers and cyclops differ from each other? Different animal? Different size? Different nutritional value?

i'll pose that questions to the Prof and get back to you....

warr i have no idea. i buy it directly from Prof when he imports it

Prof Dirk Bellstedt.... he is the guy in FW fish breeding and keeping. he spawns cardinal tetras, thread fin rainbows bla bla bla all of those odd balls. good friend of mine.

The best way to use this and coral frenzy is soak for 30 minutes, switch off your return pump, then use a turkey baster and release deep under the surface of the water.

Leave the return pump off for 15-20 minutes and the fish and coral will consume everything :)

If you where to have a sun coral would this be enough or must you still do that bottle cut in half thing. I am thinking of getting a sun coral in the future.

If you where to have a sun coral would this be enough or must you still do that bottle cut in half thing. I am thinking of getting a sun coral in the future.

I would do the bottle thing as your fish and shrimps will steal the food out of it's "mouth" and it doesn't have a defence mechanism like a nemmie.

In saying that my shrimps will steal food out of my nemmies' mouths, seem to be immune to the tentacles

I have noticed that since I use Tom's method of feeding (even though - at the time I could not believe that Tom does this - BUT it works the best!), my sun-coral have grown TREMENDOUSLY..... I feed my own mix of Pink-n-Pay SeaFood which I blended with Pick-n-Pay freshly frozen mussels....

I actually TAKE MY SUN CORAL OUT OF THE TANK, and place it in a small tupperware container with tank water in it, where I then put a decent amount of this "sea-food mix". I make sure that the sea-food mix is fine enough for the sun-coral polyps to eat.

I then "feed" them like this for at leat 3 to 4 hours, ensuring that they have eaten a LOT..... I then place my sun-coral back in the tank, and then just pour the mixture I had the sun-coral in, into my main display tank - to feed EVERYTHING else in my tank some of this same mixture/seafood blend! :thumbup:

I have noticed that since I use Tom's method of feeding (even though - at the time I could not believe that Tom does this - BUT it works the best!), my sun-coral have grown TREMENDOUSLY..... I feed my own mix of Pink-n-Pay SeaFood which I blended with Pick-n-Pay freshly frozen mussels....

I actually TAKE MY SUN CORAL OUT OF THE TANK, and place it in a small tupperware container with tank water in it, where I then put a decent amount of this "sea-food mix". I make sure that the sea-food mix is fine enough for the sun-coral polyps to eat.

I then "feed" them like this for at leat 3 to 4 hours, ensuring that they have eaten a LOT..... I then place my sun-coral back in the tank, and then just pour the mixture I had the sun-coral in, into my main display tank - to feed EVERYTHING else in my tank some of this same mixture/seafood blend! :thumbup:

how many times a week do you do that?

Back
Top Bottom