Cut on hand meets hammer coral help.

If you do not have any medicine available, next time, try Meat tenderizer. Got this tip from a fellow spear fishermen some years ago, and yes, it does work.

I have a bottle permanently on my boat as well as in my bakkie, works well if stung by Jellyfish or Blue Bottles, kids can bare witness to this

No i only wear the gloves when moving lr or corals. rather safe than losing a finger or a hand to a stupid mistake

right,

update.
my hand is back to normal.

swelling came down yesterday night and all pain is gone.

will be interesting to see how long the cut takes to heal...
got some medical fulvic acid rub. and used that on the cut to clean it.
got a decent sting to it but i recon its done the job.

when I did my skippers ticket many years ago Out instructor told us that all marine toxins are alkaline and protein based.

therefor they can be broken down with an acid such as vinigar meet tenderiser lemon juice or most peoples urine (note most ppls urine is acidic but not always so rather avoid this eww) to nutralise the alkali

OR

heat to break down the protine but this requires verry high heat water must almost be boiling this would normaly be too hot for a person so you put the afected area in the water then heat is so the hand or whatnot gets used to the temp as it goes up

I try to keep those takeaway sachets of vinegar on the dive boat and in my dive bag for this reason as the vinegar seems to work the best for me best to do it as soon as possible as well before the toxin has gotten too deep into the tissue

After reading all of ths I think I should put my gloves on when busy in in my tank but its such a drag but better to be safe than sorry

good to hear you came right man.

Back
Top Bottom