Custom diy 35l acrylic nano tank

Reaction score
Hey guys. This is my second acrylic build and I've gone a lot smaller than my last 185l drop off tank.
I just wanted something small and easy to take care of and I'll see if I can make it look like my last tank!

I started building about 2 weeks ago. And I'll upload pics of my last tank too.

20170214_175627.jpg

20170214_183433.jpg

20170215_132511.jpg

20170215_132520.jpg

Yes please some details of your build. Where you bought what, how to measure, did they cut it for you, etc, etc

Looks like magma bond. I found that it works good on perspex 6mm and up but the cuts need to be deadly strait to get a good bond and on 1 - 4mm morfien and aceton.

Okay, so what I did was I got my acrylic all precut. I had it precut about 4cm extra everywhere so I could go home and make an extremely smooth and sharp edge with a router and a jig. This is so that the glue bonds really well.
I used 3mm up to 10mm acrylic for all my builds. And used magma bond c1 glue for everything.

My big drop off was 80 long, 50 wide 40 high, and the drop was 70 deep.
Custom stand and sump

The nano is 45cm x 36cm x 30cm with a built-in filter.

How did you find the maintenance on an acrylic aquarium. In terms of being able to keep it clean without scratching it with cleaning tools etc. I am busy looking into an acrylic tank but hesitant about the possible difficulty in keeping it scratch free

Its not a problem. I had my other tank for about a year and a half and no real scratches. You just need to be careful that when you use a magnet glass cleaner that you dont catch any gravel particles in it.

Back
Top Bottom