CTRC meeting

Muz

Reaction score
Hi guys..

I am sorry this post has taken so long but there has been much to do with limited time and budget, at long last the Cape Town Reef Club is ready and open.

The club is open to everyone and anyone and initially there will be a registration process but there will be no membership fee, the club is aiming to attract mainly members who are reefers but are not exposed to the network of help and interest that is available. Although the club is very separate from local forums I am hoping that local forum members will be the founding members of the club and come together to help new guys in the hobby with our experience and passion.

The logo has been confirmed and the new club gear will be will be unveiled at the meeting. I will also give a brief talk about the club, what it is all about, where we are going, objectives and what we have been doing for the last 2 months who is on the committee and what they will be doing etc. Also what we will be doing to raise funds etc will be discussed and IMACSA 2009.

The 1st meeting will be at my house in Bothasig as we are still awaiting confirmation of our fixed venue and I was getting ants in my pants. Please PM me your e-mail addresses and I will e-mail you a map.

There will be fires going, so bring a dop & a chop, I have a pool, so if it's hot bring some swimming gear.

SATURDAY 29TH MARCH ... ABOUT 12ISH !! :1:

There will be a small frag tank setup , those that bring a frag can leave with a frag, please bring containers with.

If I think of anything else I will post. !

Hope to see you supporting your local reefing club, and I hope that we can support you.

Yours in reefing

Muz

Muz are you sure this club isnt going into a "lets shaft the LFS and trade from out car boots" scenario?

Easy tiger.........Give piece a chance. .............Guess only time will tell.

Hi Henk

The whole point of the club and its structure will be made very clear, the point is not to trade in goods, it is to trade in information.. The club will however hold frag swop and frag sell evenings but the frag sell evenings will be limited to about 2 or 3 times a year.. again all this will be covered at the meeting.

Like I said in my introduction, the objectives of the club will be given ... 'I will also give a brief talk about the club, what it is all about, where we are going, objectives and what we have been doing ... ' I think that covered it yeah.

Make no doubt, the club is there to help the hobby, help the LFS, help the reefer and support a common interest.

However, let me make this very clear from the offset Henk seeing as you want clarity.. the club has nothing to do with any local forum but like I said, I am hoping that the forum members will register with the club and will be the backbone of experience for new members who join, as a courtesy and as a strategy to gain experienced members we will be posting on forums with information. I am the chairman of the club so if you have any complaints or concerns you may direct them directly to me and I will investigate the issues .. I have formed the club because I understand the frustration with many newcommers to the hobby, and the need for a club that is organised and structured in a way that the hobby grows with honour.

There are clear goals and objectives of the club, many of the goals and objectives surround education, conservation & regulation.. and yes those lFS who import impossible to keep species, do not aclimitize their fish, keep poor water conditions, have untrained staff etc etc, will start to feel our structure, but we are here to help and educate to lift standards..

It goes without saying that with recent events between local forums that anyone who brings forum politics into the club will be banned quicker than you can say 'that's unfair' we have major sponsors and interest groups very interested in what we are doing and they are looking very closely to see how we opperate to determine if there is a cultural fit between what we are trying to achieve and their companies, it is important that we have integrity, and it will not be compromised by a twirp from a forum on a crusade be that from SARK or MASA. There will be very clear grievance channels to follow, if it is seen that the club is being slandered by forum members on the forums the club will just stop posting information.

I hope I have pre empted some of your questions, if you have any other questions may I please ask you to PM me in future or e-mail me on murray@mediaalliance.co.za , that would be appreciated.

Muz

Oh, and guys...thank you for your mails. I will be sending you a map soon.

Thank you for the support, I hope you find what we are trying to achieve to be of great benefit.

Hi Muz - I will try and convince the wife to come ;-)
I hope to see you there on the 29th! Cheers, mate!

BTW: I hope that all the Cape Town newbies who have joined the last 2 months will be there as well...

Jacques.. my miss will be here.. I'm sure she would appreciate non reefer female company, her sister will be here and probably some kids aswell.. so the family is welcome.

I hope all the noobs will be there.. it will be great to put a face to the name.

There will be name tags made for the day so we know who is who in the zoo !

Guys please note the following

1) The start time of the meeting has been brought forward to 10am on the 29th - -this is mainly because ANGRY double booked the weekend. Long story..
2) Meeting will start at 10:30 with talks and there will be a frag demo. Wayne will be fragging my Galaxy for Glen
3) by 12 bells we should be finished and the meeting will open to braai, drinks and reef chat !
4) the pool is blue so if you wanna dip, bring the cozzy.

Muz

See you there, most probably Muz! not sure how long I would be able to stay for though. Got a few things to do around the house. Will you post or PM your address? I am not sure if you supplied it already?

My address is

15 Gerrits Street
Bothasig

I will be sending a map by e-mail to those who PM'd me their mail addresses just as soon as I can draw one.. at the latest it will be sent out tomorrow..

I see there are a lot of new CT guys on the forum, pop them a mail Jacques. It will be good to have a strong 1st meeting turnout !

Muz

You can type in the address or you can use the 'route me' option, you put in your starting point and end point and it gives you directions.

A list would be great.

Muz

I would love to see a neutral meeting take place.I would just like to know who the people are that are running the thing?

Back
Top Bottom