Crushed Coral... which type??

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im back with yet another question.

What is the best crushed coral to get? I am looking at getting a very fine crush. The reason is that i think it should look better firstly and secondly if i understand what i have read thus far. It would be better due to the fact that there would be less debris getting stuck in it which ultimately keeps the nutrience in the tank down and would result in the system not having to work too hard to maintain an equilibrium????

Or am i totally wrong... :) ?????

Last edited:
Reaction score
deFlerri: My advice would be to buy some good quality aragonite. CaribSea Seaflor special grade aragonite is all I would every use! ;)

Wetty

Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea
Reaction score
deFlerri: My advice would be to buy some good quality aragonite. CaribSea Seaflor special grade aragonite is all I would every use! ;)
Where can we find Caribsea brands in S.A?

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Some guys use reggies play sand for DSB's and in the DT. Aragonite is very expensive and overrated IMO. I bought some long time ago at R750 for 20kg - what a rip off! Now I know better, will rather use sea sand. Pay the postage and ask a reefer by the coast to ship you some sand - will be much cheaper including the 6 pack you buy for him :whistling: