Cromis damsels

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Leon1975, 4 May 2012.

1. Leon1975

Leon1975

Hi everybody some advise pls. I have 3 damsels in my tank it is n 2000liter tank. I have them for about 1year and the other day I bought another 2 damsels and within about 5houers my ather 3 demsels killed my 2 new arrivals why why I want to know isn't the cromis damsels suppose to be the most peacefully damsels of all the damsels.thanks.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clownfish9906

Clownfish9906

i think damsels are damsels...sorry boet!!!

4. Dusty

Dusty

Damsels can be very territorial , they often tend to chase any newer species added to the tank.
    Their aggressive does vary between them. What you can do to try avoid this situation again is try move all the liverock around different places around the tank just before adding new stock so the fish are to busy searching for a new hiding spot then fighting I know this isn't ideal but it can often help the situation. Sorry for your loss!

5. Tony

Tony

I have personally found them to be extremely aggresive and territorial with new additions. The best is to wait for the current lot to all die off naturally, as cruel as that sounds then add a whole lot at once. Add them in odd numbers of about 5 or more which gives a better ratio of males to females. This way they will tolerate one another and form new territories.

Recent Posts