Crispin invades the UK

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all, i'm just waiting to pick up Crispin from the railway station, he's only here till tomorrow night but i have a full days reefy stuff arranged for him, pics to follow....

P.s. been teasing the dogs with a SA shirt covered in steak sauce for when he arrives:whistling:

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
lol, this should be good, lots and lots of pics please :D

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Just off to drop Crispin at the station, pics will be following, as will a tale of a South African who proved to be a bit of a lightweight on the beer ;)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Just waiting for Crispin to come on line;)

Crispin gave us some local delicacies from Norway, so i had a lunch of Caviar and smoked salmon today - very good it was too.:)

Reaction score
hello:)
i must indeed send very warm thanks to weeman for showing me around some great reefs and brilliant LFS's while i was there. From meeting other expat south africas (yes seashell time you started posting again) whom had brilliant sea horses, to some really dedicated and passionate reefers. I saw several different styles of reefs (yes i have read a recent article in Ultimate Marine...tell scott he does a bloody good job:)) and some different focal points to reefs to what we do in SA.

I also ( i'll only say this once) even enjoyed meeting weeman, and i survived mutiple maulings by the terrible 4! ok maybe maulings is a little over the top for loosing 6 layers of skin to the licking attentions of 4 staffies! :)

In seriousness i really do appreciate you putting up with me and for dragging me around looking at so many reefs.

as for being light on the beer....atleast i wasnt drinking Cobra all bloody night!

Reaction score
as for pics.....i have dropped the best of the lot on my thread "a few of my better pics"and go have a look at them, some seriousl;y stunning fish there:)

i took 400 odd shots, deleted 350 of them and have 50 odd, so I will take the best of the rest and put them in here

I must admit the reefs wernt brilliant on corrals except the sps dominated one of brent's but the quality of the fish really was outstanding and all kept with very simple reef methods. I learnt alot. Ears open, mouth shut:)

but overall the tanks were brilliant. and i fell in love with the blue throat trigger, but look at the pic and u will see why:)

also the quality of the LS in the one LFS truley was outstanding, no offence to sponsors or LFS here, but we have a long way to go to match what I saw in Norway or the UK....always good to have a goal to aim at:)