Cricket, England v South Africa

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
i have just read that storms and rain will continue for the foreseeable future, we are in for the wettest summer in history by the sound of it, so if i were you, i would bet on the draw.;)

P.s. as i type, my back lawn is floating past the patio window:lol:

Hey, we have Pics of Rain here in South Africa, let alone the fact that We have won England before on a "Rainy Day"....:p

South Africa is not for "Weenies" :p.... Nah just kidding Wee-Man, saw the news on BBc. You guys have really got "Kak" weather that side, even Capetown is havin it bad- what I saw on the news....

South Africa is not for "Weenies" :p.... Nah just kidding Wee-Man, saw the news on BBc. You guys have really got "Kak" weather that side, even Capetown is havin it bad- what I saw on the news....

It's gonna mess with the cricket big time, i was looking forward to that, it was shaping up to be a great test.

I agree, was definately something worth looking forward too... And a draw in any sport was/is/are never nice- always leaving that "something" to be thought of: " IF ONLY"

Not to bad considering we haven't won there in 10 years - 19-8 or 18-9, too much beer to early in the morning causes memory loss :whistling:

So you lost to a currently brilliant AB side? hardly any shame in that.

yo right Wee-Man. Not great at all. We did not play too bad in the first half, but we definately stuffed up in the second half. And we could not even blame the new rules...LoL. We played exactly the way the All Blacks wanted us to play- as they dictated the game- and btw, you either have ball sense,and gets picked for your talents, or you don't have ball sense and gets chosen because of politics- and here I am not talking about "Quota" players.... Man oh man, there is so many better players in South Africa- Like the whole Blue Bulls team....... Lol, thought I'm gonna get a reaction there....:thumbup::lol::razz:

i have just read that storms and rain will continue for the foreseeable future, we are in for the wettest summer in history by the sound of it, so if i were you, i would bet on the draw.;)

P.s. as i type, my back lawn is floating past the patio window:lol:

i have flooding in my house ATM.... my pool also over flowed and my back garden is flooded.... my empty koi pond holds +- 4000L of water...

i must admit i was really looking forward to soem good crieket. As little as I like Pieterson he is a top bat to watch. Nothing like a good soild 5 day test, but i'd take any form of the game!

oh and weeman dry that rain up before i get there next month will ya!

oh and wee-man for all our sakes save the bloody couch from the floods this time....that excuse for not having a tank is wearing thin:)

yay! check the weather warning we got this morning...

National Warning - Issued on Tuesday, 8 July 2008 at 05.00
Very cold, wet and windy conditions are expected to persist on the western high ground of the Northern and Western Cape Provinces.
Heavy falls of rain that may lead to localised flooding are expected in some places in the West Coast District, Cape Metropole, the western Cape Winelands District, western parts of Overberg as well as the south-western escarpment areas of the Northern Cape Province. Snowfalls are possible in places over the western high ground of the Western and Northern Cape Provinces.

Weather conditions that could lead to the development and spread of runaway fires are expected over the North-West, Free State, Gauteng and Mpumalanga highveld as well as Western Bushveld of Limpopo Province.

ADVISORIES: Snowfalls are likely to persist on the western high ground of the Western and Northern Cape Provinces tomorrow (Wednesday), spreading to the Eastern Cape high ground on Friday. Very cold, wet and windy conditions are expected to spread into the Eastern Cape interior tomorrow (Wednesday), persisting until through the weekend. Gale force winds are expected along the coast between Cape Point and Port-Alfred from early hours of tomorrow (Wednesday).

Very rough seas with a total height in excess of 5.0m are expected between Cape Agulhas and Plettenberg Bay tomorrow (Wednesday).

i must admit i was really looking forward to soem good crieket. As little as I like Pieterson he is a top bat to watch. Nothing like a good soild 5 day test, but i'd take any form of the game!

oh and weeman dry that rain up before i get there next month will ya!

Bring an umbrella;)

Back
Top Bottom