Create a public display aquarium without spending money.

Reaction score
Hi Reefers

We are planing a L SHAPED display aquarium in the shop!!:slayer:

This aquarium will be different than the other 20 000 liters in the shop in that we want to make it a permanent display with corals that are not for sale.

The purpose would be to have something that is easy (for beginners to use as starting point) but still magnificent.

The dimensions are:
Front long = 850mm
Front short = 530mm

L cut out is in the back =
240mm x
650mm high water level
Will ask a customer to upload a drawing.
But to visualize = draw a rectangular aquarium 530mm x 850mm
Cut out a rec. on the left back 240mm x 320mm
with the 240mm on the 530mm length and the 320mm on the 850mm length

Lighting:
2 x 150w MH
2 x T5's

Filtration:
Only after decided what to put into it.

Decor:
We thought - Custom made rock wall with PLENTY of spaces in between totally overgrown (in time) with polyps.

I KNOW 200 liter + filter 150 liter = a small aquarium! But that is the only space we have (left:)). Hopefully one of the 3 plans we are working on for expansion would come to light soon.:whistling:

We thought of a polyp WALL, but this is not set in stone at all. Any suggestions or alternatives would really be appreciated?
This is your opportunity to say "that is my creation" and not spend one cent to make it happen:slayer:

Hi Moolis

That is a difficult one, lol
There are so many ideas in my head, but wich one to use?
All I can say, if it was my idea, is a tank that shows the "wow" factor or "I must have it"
It's a shop after all, the display must sell!!!! but the shop need a beauty of it's own.
You know I'm new to this so as a beginner I think it must be open "not a can full of sardines" If possible to walk around it and see all sides, Nice to have hidden objects on each side that you cant see from the other sides, not to full rock work but rather a nice aquascaping to leave space for grow, uhmmm should stop there, It will became a book when finished, lol
My basic idea, all I can say if it's to full, it looks like to much cleaning work!

(((not schooled in English LOL))))

Make a tank, with ONLY BEGINNER type of stuff in it. It also must be within a certain budget. Cheap, easy maintenance. No fancy reactors, dozing computers and equipment to land Nemo on the moon. Basic sump, skimmer, DSB and return.

And the lifestock should be the same. Only beginner stuff. Like zoa and leathers. The real easy and forgiving creatures you have. Same with fish, only "simple" fish. Must have Nemo. A blue green chromis. A few hermits and snails. And fish that can be kept in Nano tanks. No Tangs, triggers or any fish that need 100% water parameters. Again fish that can tolerate a beginners basic mistakes and learning curve.

And LABEL it as such, so that possible future clients can realize that the dream is within their reach and (starting) capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom