Crabs - Good or Bad

Reaction score
Just noticed 2 crabs in my tank !! The first one around the size of a 20c coin is purple/red in colour, and the smaller one, size of a 10c coin is browny speckled. Are these good or bad ??

dude.i just dont trust crabs.if i were you,remove it

Really need piccies mate, there are many species of crab, loads good, loads more bad.

Today I found a mantis shrimp in my tank! Would've rather found 10 bad crabs, was a bit timid in removing him. Needless to say he is sitting at my LFS now

Today I found a mantis shrimp in my tank! Would've rather found 10 bad crabs, was a bit timid in removing him. Needless to say he is sitting at my LFS now

did you take a piccie of it, they are quite a stunning little critter

Pictures are easier said than done !! just saw the brown one now, but pics are terrrible, obviously need to go on a photography course !! Finding the crabs is hard enough !!!

Pictures are easier said than done !! just saw the brown one now, but pics are terrrible, obviously need to go on a photography course !! Finding the crabs is hard enough !!!

can you catch them, then take a picture?

They are like lightning, there one second then gone. Also because they are so small they can hide in a multitude of places. What is it that crabs do that is bad ?

OK, crabs can take small fish or snails etc, have a look at the crab, does it have long pointy claws or short blunt ones? are they hairy? redeyed?, google commensural crabs, or look at the link.

Marine Crabs

did you take a piccie of it, they are quite a stunning little critter

Didn't take a photo: was one of the plain, brown coloured ones. About 3 cm long. I did hear some clicking! ;)

Back
Top Bottom