Cowrie help please

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by Muz, 22 Jan 2008.

1. Muz

Muz

Can I get some comments on this guy please, I thought I did my research and did an ID on this guy as an Arabian cowrie but now I smell it is a Dog-Rose Cowrie.

I am just a cowrie nut and as much as I want him in my tank I fear that I do not understand his diet requirements and he may be the cause of some issues I am having with some corals..

Anyone had any experience with them..

Thanks

Muz

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Muz, I had 2 in my old tank, slightly different marking on the shell though, they disappeared after a while, I assume they died. Don't know much else than that.

I think it was palmerc that had some in his tank that laid eggs.

4. palmerc

palmerc

Yip, I have a small one (It's either a money corie or gold ring cowry) about 3cm in length. Still going strong and no problem whatsoever (the eggs hatched but I think the larvae were just eaten as I have no baby cowries I can see)

5. Muz

Muz Thread Starter

Yeah, mine is probably at about 7cm, I found an amazing website which shows all the different shells, truly amazing the variations.

I am just worried that he is stripping my LR of what little bio diversity it has left after my banner polished off anything that moved !

No real adverse comments so he stays for now !

thanks

Muz

Recent Posts