correct flow

Reaction score
hi guy i want to get the corret flow for my tank i am looking at geting the following
seio m1500 x2 11356l/hr
seio m1100 x4 24978l/hr
return pumpx1 3000l/hr

tank 400l sump 50l what do u guys think is it to much flow? r these pumps good as they do have self moving nozzles (NICE RANDOM FLOW) r they noisey and stress the fish out help plz:whistling:

if you could give the dimensions of the tank as well as what you intend keeping im sure that will help in getting the correct advice

you need around 30 x volume per hour, which is 30 x 400 (ignore the sump for this exersize) = 12,000lts per hour, so buy three seio m1100 and play about with the flow, pointing one behind the rockwork, one from the back corner pointing slightly down the other in the opposite back corner, pointing slightly up to give good surface movement, then the return is an added extra.

Good flow is better than lots of flow. I wouldn't get the random flow nozzles personally, they restrict the output of the pumps.

hi guy i want to get the corret flow for my tank i am looking at geting the following
seio m1500 x2 11356l/hr
seio m1100 x4 24978l/hr
return pumpx1 3000l/hr

tank 400l sump 50l what do u guys think is it to much flow? r these pumps good as they do have self moving nozzles (NICE RANDOM FLOW) r they noisey and stress the fish out help plz:whistling:
All sounds good to me.
No the flow isnt too much.
Just place the pumps in such a way that they dont blow everything away.
Yes the pumps are excellent!
Noisey only when switched on.

Yeah i need to sort out my flow too. got the standard four foot, so far 2 m620 and going to be gettin an m1100, where should i point these? seein as how it will be sps and softies, sorry to hijack the thread

Flow looks fine, just have to position the pumps, the Seio is a really good pump. I would have to agree and would not suggest the random flow nozzels.

Back
Top Bottom