corals

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mannetjie, 8 Sep 2010.

1. Mannetjie

Mannetjie

Hi Guy's

I am all new to the game, but I really want to. I had my tank now for 6 weeks. I bought some corals an fish on the weekend. But then it all struck me... I dont even know how long do I need to have the lights on and off. On Monday it seems like if my corals is going dead... I dont know. They getting pale... will load some pic.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Please post pics so that we can identify what you have. Lights on for around 8-10 hours per day. You will have to give more information on what system you have and what equipment.

4. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Welcome to MASA Mannetjie, there is some good reading for you in my signature on starting a marine tank - maybe there is something that can help you.
    Also please post water parameters.
    Did you cycle the tank with live rock from the beginning?
    Did you dose something?
    What filtration do you have?
    What type tank?

5. magman

magman

answers Tobes questions, and check his links out.

What corals are they, some do sulk when moved. If they turning white, it could be your lighting is more than the lfs, what lights you got.

Try answer the guys questions, otherwise it's a guessing game to help.

6. Boegie

Boegie

Welcome

7. clinton stanford

clinton stanford

Welcome. Tobes asked some good questions,i seem to think that you have not cycled the tank properly before adding livestock.:nono: in this hobby silly mistakes are costly,ask lots of questions before you do anything you unsure of.there is loads of info on this forum that can help you understand everything so just read,read and read.
    tell us exactly what you did from the start and give us as much info about the tank filtration, lighting ect ect.it will help give us an understanding of what you have done and we can help you fix it.

Recent Posts