Coraline algae on my chaetomorpha?

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
There are coraline algae growing on my ball of chaetomorpha!!!

Is this normal?

Cheers:wave2:

doesnt sound normal,you sure its not cyano?when i had a cyano breakout,some of my Chaeto did end up with cyano on it

Are you sure it's coralline?

Looks like coraline, it is hard and the same pinkish colour. Here are some bad pictures - just look through the bottom of a coke bottle to focus.:whistling:
DSC01196-1.gif

DSC01195.gif

DSC01196.gif

DSC01202.gif

Why are my pics not showing? Mods help please?

Fixed your pics, strange, it certainly does look like coralline.

Try take a strand out and see if you have to scrape it off, if it is hard and has to be scraped then it must be coralline, very odd though.????

Fixed your pics, strange, it certainly does look like coralline.

Try take a strand out and see if you have to scrape it off, if it is hard and has to be scraped then it must be coralline, very odd though.????

Thanks again for fixing my pics. I took out a strand - it is very hard, doesn't come off with your nail/finger - had to use a blade. If you bend it, it brakes. Seriously, I'm sure this is coraline.

:wave2:

doesnt sound normal,you sure its not cyano?when i had a cyano breakout,some of my Chaeto did end up with cyano on it

Definitaly not cyano. Cyano is soft/slimy - this is hard and has to be scraped off with a blade, also has the same colour as the coraline on my live rock.

No worries Tobes, mine is exactly the same. ;)

Welcome back Mille! Been a while! How you doing?

Tobes - this is really interesting! How high is your calcium levels? Alkalinity?

this is very cool, is your light intense in your sump?
what light do u use?

It is in my refugium, the light is a 6400k daylight energy saver globe made by Lumaglo.:wave2:

Welcome back Mille! Been a while! How you doing?

Tobes - this is really interesting! How high is your calcium levels? Alkalinity?

Calcium = 350 and kH = 9

;)

Back
Top Bottom