Coral Flow Requirement

Reaction score
52847855246f1079.jpg

What flow is recommeded for this coral. Is this a leather ?

I disagree. Medium flow is best. They will occassionally slime and if there is not enough flow to remove the slime, then the coral will take strain. All my leathers do best in moderate to medium flow.

I disagree. Medium flow is best. They will occassionally slime and if there is not enough flow to remove the slime, then the coral will take strain. All my leathers do best in moderate to medium flow.

yip I agree with Hill, I have Heavy Medium flow over my leathers

Jip - I have read somewhere (and have seen during diving) that most leathers in nature are sometimes in the heaviest flow..... Mine is currently in the "high flow level" of my tank, and for the first time the past month or so (since I moved it where it is now - since I re-did my aquascaping), the leather's polyps are now extending.... never used to previously - even though the leather itself extended perfectly well.....

Toadstool or Sarcophyton, yep agree good flow all around, but a reasonably low maintenance softy.

Regarding flow please see the photo I have just psted under myfirst coral and look where my power heads are. It is in full flow and loves it.

i have one of these mushrooms, were it tentacles are waving around hectically, so much so they are almost flat. Can't show you pic, tank is sleeping, try send one tomorrow.

Sorry leather, same species as pic above but with golden tips not green

Back
Top Bottom