coral disease!?

Discussion in 'General Coral Care' started by Kamil, 30 Jan 2012.

1. Kamil

Kamil

What could be the cause of that? What that? :( anyone? please

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hails

Hails

Not a sponge?

4. Hails

Hails

Could be something fungal as well, would probably have to be dipped if this is the case.

5. Kamil

Kamil Thread Starter

so all u says that they had lack of light right ;)?

I found some info about it have look http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=16+2167&aid=2955 but I am not sure if that the one I am looking for,

Btw so what would u advice to me leave in or tak it out?

Would you know what nutrients I should monitor it in the tank, is that meant to be:
    pH
    kH
    NH4/NH3
    NO2
    NO3
    PO4
    Cu
    Ca

6. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Have you got ( camel back ) Dancing shrimp? - they often pull small nenies and mushrooms apart.

Last edited by a moderator: 2 Feb 2012
    Kamil likes this.
  7. Kamil

Kamil Thread Starter

done they? I do have one but that a different type the one have a shell as a house if u know what I mean, and I also have one crap 'bom bom' or something just seen the photo and description of it onec in net I will upload my photos of the tank soon so u could have look btw would know what is that white thing caming out of the mushroom? I think that a coral disease coz u see when took out the coral the stink of it nearly killed me, it was something like when u walk down the sea side u can smell the all death creature such crap and all other staff from the sea weeds etc.

What would u do in my place?
    I Took it out and I just peeled of the all the mushrooms for the live rock I cleaned and I placed to the tank again and now I trying to plant other coral on it but I dont know if I am doing that right way :(

I see that u have a lot of photos Would you know what nutrients I should monitor it in the tank, is that meant to be:
    pH
    kH
    NH4/NH3
    NO2
    NO3
    PO4
    Cu
    Ca
    ??

Last edited: 2 Feb 2012
  8. Kamil

Kamil Thread Starter

please help if u would thanks

Last edited: 2 Feb 2012
  9. Kamil

Kamil Thread Starter

I added photos if you would like to have look

10. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

I see on the other photo you uploaded theres some zoas or palys that arent open either. How long have you had your tank? Have you tested your water lately? what your no2,no3,po4,ph,sg -parameters?

11. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

I do have that problem with Mushrooms every now and again - would to the same as you if it got too bad.

You could also put a iodide supliment in , but the white stuff by there mouth is not a deciese as such , its more like there "stomich "
    if we take a mushroom from one tank to another the suddern water pressure inside them , will often push the " stomich out and once settled in the tank , it will get taken in again- its obviosly better to rotate and shake the rock slightly before taking the mushrooms out to let it expell the water first and reduce stress.

Keep a close eye on the cammelback - i now keep them in the sump and havnt reordered them for 6 months...
    pH - 8.3
    kH - 8 to 10 as long as its constant
    NH4/NH3 as clase to o as possible
    NO2 - As close to 0 as possible
    NO3 - 5 to 10 but under 15ppm
    I find that the soft corals dont do very well untill there is some nutrients in the system...
    PO4 - Low try keep them under .5 - our tanks somtimes run 1.8 , with no algea growth, but its too high.
    Cu ther shouldnt be any , if the tank had copper in it before , put the seachem copersorb in to take out trace ammounts of the coper.
    Ca - 400 to 450 - not for the mushroom , but you will want some hard coral in future , so get into the habbit.
    Temp - 26 - 28 - we do winter 26 and summer runs 28 and somtimes higher , just because we are in a hot wharehouse.
    Flow - Medium , but the mushrooms dont want to battle to lay flat , if the current folds the edges up , its too strong
    Lighting - Medium
    High is M/H , but i think 6 giesamans or ATI with reflectors could be considered high as well.( awsome for the brains - acans blastos clams ect
    Medium = 4 T5 lights with reflectors over a 45cm tank mushrooms leathers colts zoos button pollyps
    Low beeing 2 T-5 lights with reflectors over a 45cm tank not ideal , but mushrooms leatheres zoos -Cheto calerpa ect
    Feeding - once open and strong , feed them Cyclopeez once to twice a week.
    Skimmer - i have them in over and underskimmed tanks - doesnt seem to make a big diference.

Good luck , hope you come right
    David

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Feb 2012
    Kamil likes this.
  12. Kamil

Kamil Thread Starter

Charl_Stanhope

I will let u know later on but that the photo from the when the light has been off for few hours, I will take new photos today they will looks much better when it will be done durig the light time :p

Last edited: 3 Feb 2012
  13. Kamil

Kamil Thread Starter

Perky pets superstore

Right that so helpful but u see mushrooms were fine in first 2-3weeks after something just got wrong and they started puke or whatever I would call it but thanks for info I learned good bit of you thank you very much :)

Is there anything else I have to keep eye on or that would be it from nutrients?

I can see that u got some knowledge if I am right so would you just give me some advice as I am a beginner websites/info. or something that would be helpful to me thanks Man got so many help so far of ya :D

I asked good amount of ppl about nutrients never got quite-area like I got of u :) thx

Last edited: 3 Feb 2012
Recent Posts