Urgent help needed Coral Bleaching

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Fishcrazy, 15 Sep 2016.

1. Fishcrazy

Fishcrazy

About 2 years ago I had coral bleaching due to incorrect lighting and water temperature.

Now it's happening again..... But I think of stress.

I had a Cyano problem for a few weeks, that pushed my Nitrates up to 30. Got almost rid of the Cyano by doing a 20% WC and brushing/blowing all the rocks. My salinity dropped a bit to 21. I did a small 5% WC to get my salinity up. Over a period of a week it was at 25.

I went away for the weekend (4 Days) and when I came back my LT anemone and my Kenya tree is bleached. I then check my temperature and it is sitting on 24 degrees. Nothing changed in my lighting cycle from a few months ago. I check my salinity and it is sitting at almost 30. This is very weird, because I didn't add any SW, I only added RO like normal

So I decided to not stress myself out and overreact and cause more harm. Since Monday I've been adding RO to the system. I'm planning on doing a 10% WC this weekend.

What else can I do? I think the corals is just stressed out, because of the Cyano breakout and then cleaning and then the drop in salinity. How can I unstress them?

The last time I had bleaching going on I added Purple Up, but I don't want the Cyano to maybe also get a kick start.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Get your salinity right first. Then let the tank settle out.

Get yourself a temperature controller like the STC-1000.

Having a stable system is the basic foundation for a healthy system.

butcherman and Fishcrazy like this.
Recent Posts