CopperBand

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
I have a feeding CopperBand can anyone give me any advice on them, fav foods, compatiblity ect?

i finaly have one!
:sifone: :sifone: :sifone: :sifone: :sifone:

try muscles, heard the work well. try collect them, then crack open the shell slightly and let them use there long mouths to get the food out.

artimia the lfs was feeding him that, will try him on musle soon

thanks wee-man
does anyone else more experience with them?

If your one is eating then you are halfway there, a pal of mine as had one for 7 years never been a problem so it can happen, just be patient and keep an eye on it.

will post pics very soon

still struggling with mine, good luck dude!
This is a hectic mission to convert him from live food to dead food

Congratulations Jason! I have been trying to find a feeding copperband for a VERY long time. I have tried twice, and unfortunately they just would not feed! Every time I unfortunately end up, with the poor fish paying the ultimate price.....

Just keep on feeding him.... perhaps try and target feed him some different frozen foods... Perhaps try and feed him some blended "sea-food mix"... BTW: mussels.... not muscles ;-)

DO NOT collect ANY shellfish around CPT/West Coast at the moment as they are toxic.

my CB has been with me for couple of years now, i never need to feed it. it's in a well established 2m sps tank. in my experience a CB don't fare well in small tanks. they eat live food and love to forage for critters, some CB will eat aiptasia (but not all do).

i had one in my softie tank for couple of years, but i lost him this Des due to overheating. i had him for 6 years :012:. it's not a hard fish to keep, given that there is enough food in your system.

good luck, i hope he does well

Hi Ed - Geez - then I MUST be doing SOMETHING wrong! my angels are FAT in my 2 metre tank. My tank has so many pods/worms/etc creeping around that they sometimes clutter my view on my font glass. BUT - still the new copperband would not feed! (x2)

eish, not sure why. but then again, i think i have green fingers with fish, never had trouble keeping anything. i always thought of CB as easy, until i joined the forums and heard others struggle with them.

how long is the CB in u tank?

i have had him since yesterday

The this is - the CBB was "new" when I got it from the LFS (they could not guarantee mee that the fish was eating before I got it), and the fish then lasts a week & half maximum. I never saw it eating.... (both times).... First time I only had the fish in a seperate holding tank - also a LOT of pods/worms/critters - not too much water flow, skimmer - only fish in the tank (no harassment) - water parms the same as my 2 metre reef tank.... Still did not make it.... I bred brineshrimp for the fish - did not want to eat. I got mussel for the fish - still did not want to eat. I kept only the actinics on - to reduce stress of too much light - still did not want to eat....

THAT's why I would LOVE to get a CBB that actually eats (preferably from a fellow reefer), and NEVER from a LFS again.....

I am detecting a hint, hint jac.... just jokeing
I have not got the lights on yet, the LFS has had him for about 2 weeks and i saw him eat as well as eating of the rocks.

Thanks jacq hope so to going to feed him later will post pics then.

Last edited:
i ahve some pics but as soon as i toke the came out he disapered under the rock

jasonapril9t7i8005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom