Copperband not eating aptaisia

Hello Hyron - a very warm welcome to MASA. I have moved your post to it's own thread - just to keep things together and all in their own threads....

Just one possible answer to your question:
- not all Copperband Butterflies always eat aptaisia. This seems to be hit-and-miss.... If you get one that has developed a taste for aptaisia, AND eats healthily, you are lucky indeed.....

Just keep up the feeding of the CBB - hopefully it will taste the aptaisia and then DEVOUR it all!

How long have you had the CB in the tank ?

Most CBB i have had eat aptaisia, be patient might not look like he is eating and after a couple of weeks you suddenly see a decrease in the aptaisia.

at the same time if you have any LPS eg brain corals,becareful as mines took a liking to 2 of my corals and completley ate them

OMG
Just got a CB -- noticed that he is devouring all my little feather dusters (hope that's the right terminolgy) but he has not ventured anywhere neare the Aiptasia -- probably too scared cos my Aiptasia's bigger than him.
Tried injecting with mooty frm Tropic Marin but got too close to one of my clams and I think my boy digested some of the moooty and died almost immediately -- biggest self induced tragedy in my tank -- and I am still recovering so please ease up on the attacking responses -- I know I was stupid but no one (not even the instructions) advised otherwise????
Any tips on Aiptasia

Back
Top Bottom