Copperband coolness

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mytank, 5 Jun 2012.

1. mytank

mytank

So we all know copperbands are the business and when I got mine I was over the moon. I knew I had a good population of food for the bugger.

Now the disclaimer for everyone reading this is :not all coppers eat apistasia!!!!! So don't buy a species of marine life to control something in your tank. It's a temporary solution and the animal will end up starving. It's cruel and just wrong !

Now the coolness part:

1. He was so thin I could almost count the ridges on him, now he is such a piggy he swims like my piggy naso

2. He has made best friends with my trigger :) hates my tangs and interesting to watch a tail (tang) vs spikes (copper)

But the real cooooooolest part: I witnessed my copper destroy like completely destroy an apistasia :) I know an apistasia is an animal too but boy this was a l'ill justice for me :)

I am happy I was able to give it a healthy and great home. I just noticed how fantastic these fish are, super ninja killers of pods and other stuff floating around on the LR

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

I remember the first time I saw my guy take one out....It just hovered over the Aip for a few sec's almost as tho it was pinpointing it's target then....WHAM!!!! ripped from its roots and turned into sushi. gotta love a CBB...

4. crispin

crispin

agreed they are such wonderful fish, especially when you see them hunt. i remeber mine removing the head of a tube worm with absolute precision.

just rember my warning, if you loose that CBB, those aptasia are going to come back at you hard and fast, what Gman says about them ripping the aptasia out is pretty accurate, only problem is that the smallest piece of aptasia left behind will grow. But for now its all roses and it sounds like he's well settled so with any luck you will have a beautiful fish for years to come:)

5. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

i am lucky as mine eats frozen food, starting to try flakes with him, but only when they settle on the gravel is he interested

but under LEDS they have awesome colour

6. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

Yeah apistasia come back always even after a nuke :) I found one growing in my freeken flow pump! I mean IN IT!

cBBs are awesome but they time to settle. Mine is munching way to much to consider flakes he as tons and tons of food ....

Recent Posts