Copper Band info

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Chris Makings, 19 Aug 2014.

1. Chris Makings

Chris Makings

Hey all,

I got a cbb band about a two months ago,

Started worrying about a couple weeks ago when I saw that he was getting really thing as all the feather dusters were gone and I was not seeing him eat.

But about a week ago he took some frozen Mysis shrimp, so was happy about that.

My concern is what all should he eat as I know variety is key, He currently eating blood worms and Mysis shrimp. frozen. I have tried frozen clams in the half shell but he does not even look Frozen mussels not interested.

I want to try fatten him up a bit and I am not sure if the bloodworms and Mysis will be enough for him.

Any suggestion's would help, and if he will be fine on just that for now.[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

In my experience, CB like smaller prey, mysis might be a bit big. Try get the Ocean nutrition Super shrimp.

4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Stay away from these, more a fresh water fish food.

5. Chris Makings

Chris Makings Thread Starter

Thanks @carlosdeandrade, I feed twice a day, in the morning bloodworms and evening Mysis shrimp,

I have the formula 1 for butterfly but he does not touch it, only eats bloodworm and Mysis like a pig.
    I also got the frozen clams but does not go near it, my lawnmower bennie prefers that for some reason.

Would the blood worms and Mysis be alright till I can get something else? then I will stop with the blood worms once they finished. or would it cause a problem in the long run?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  6. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

I feed my CBB frozen Mysis and brine shrimp via a turkey baster once a day. I need to "target" feed him otherwise he gets too little food because of other boisterous fish.

7. Chris Makings

I don't really need to target feed myne, I don't have a lot of fish in the tank, only got a lawn mower bennie, sandsifting golby, 2 clowns. so it seems like he is getting enough. just want him to start eating the clams that I got. Any suggestion on how to get him to eat that?

8. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

you can also get frozen polycheate worms as CBB are worm eaters, you can fortify your food with boyd vita-chem

9. brazer

brazer

Hi Chris

My CP is also about 2 months old. He loves frozen Mysis and for a treat I give him live brine shrimp. He eats frozen brine but is not crazy about it.

CP has a very short digestive system. So try feeding him more often.

[​IMG]

You can try something like this to only feed him. Its a simple PVC end cap that has holes drilled into it. The bottom part is a pipe adaptor to thread that was sealed off with a stop plug. Link to page where I got the idea from.

Hope this helps.

10. Chris Makings

That's an awesome Idea, but I am struggling to get him to eat off the rocks, He is only interested in eating out the water column, for some reason, I put to clam shells together with a whole in it. did not look twice at it. just carried on looking in the rocks and water column. maybe I must jus carry on trying the clams.

11. brazer

brazer

I tried half shell clams as well. He is not interested. Mine picks on the rocks. He ate all my feather dusters.

12. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

search MASA for threads by @Paul B , he has plenty on fish nutrition and loves his CBB

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts