Cool competition

Shaun is correct, Frans. We were running QUITE a few competitions in the past 6 months, but the number of entrants was DISMAL! So - the sponsors and the MASA admin staff decided that running competitions is not really worth it.

If the MASA members can comment on this, and give enough justification, I am QUITE sure that the admins and sponsors will be more than willing to start participating again?

coz i wasnt a member last year :)

we need a TOTM its march already.... i got loads of prizes to donate

eish guys ...it was actually a bit tounge in the cheek....i have reps as well and sometimes i put up incentives (nice ones) and nobody seems interested.
just thought everybody is always commenting on LR setups, flow etc....might be a good reference for us newbies...prize could always be in Zim $ :lol:

yip, i can enter too :)

well when my setup is farming nicely would donate some frags as a prize

If you could get a prize like this locally you would have loads of entrants.

Most of the competitions are badly attended cause the motivation ain't there.

What? Like the time you had a TV up for grabs and NO-ONE even really entered the competition? Don't you think a TV was enough motivation?

We were running QUITE a few competitions in the past 6 months

*** man, when??? I never saw these compos...:p

Competitions is a nice thing to have, but it must be worthwile for all members to enter. No use entering a nano competition and not have a nano- so to speak;)

Why not have more than 01 compo a month running then, to suit all members, ie, newbie of the month, most refferrals of the month; sponsor's best customer of the month;best coral/fish growth of the month; best diy of the month; best setup progress of the month, best engine room of the month etc etc, and then there is the nano tank of the month, full tank of the month. This is things that will keep members interested in the forum, not tank of the every other month and nano tanks every 15 months. Every one strives for the best tank in any ways, so make the competitions more as well as more interesting.
I for one am definetely not interested in winning a can of fishfood as a price for tank of the month, nano of the month, know/name the fish in the database etc.
Make it interesting Mods/Sponsors/Admin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i agree, lets have more comps, TOTM etc

Back
Top Bottom