controllers

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by rickgoldwing1, 23 Jun 2014.

1. rickgoldwing1

rickgoldwing1

Anybody tell me exactly what these controllers are for one is ozone I think the black one has a probe plugged in to the back the probe is red with a small white led light in the end I will be looking at selling them but must do my homework first they were working on a system I stripped down but before I can sell nead to find out all info then I can put a fair price on them

ozone.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Orp controller.

The sensor as far as I know needs to stay wet. or in a special container.

Anyway, the Orp controller reads the system Redox potential. If below a set point, it will switch on its outlet. The Ozone unit, plus a small airpump should be on that outlet. Airpump pushes air into the Ozone unit. Ozone outlet goes normally into the skimmer. Although most skimmers do not have a specific ozone nozzle.
    Some skimmer bodies, depending on the type of acrylic used cannot be used Ozone.

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

rickgoldwing1 likes this.
  5. rickgoldwing1

rickgoldwing1 Thread Starter

6. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Depending on the age of the Ozone unit. These small units do not last forever, but then again, I do not know how long can they last. It does depend if you dry the air before entering the Ozone unit.

The Orp controller, if in working order and that sensor is still OK, around R500 to R750 secondhand. They are just over R1000 new. Probe could be "expensive" to replace, about R500. If probe still OK, then R1000 could be OK for controller and probe.

Ozone unit also just over R1000 new. So about R500 secondhand, depending on age.

7. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

i see the probe is dry so it probably will not work

8. rickgoldwing1

rickgoldwing1 Thread Starter

ok thanks guys I took it out of a tank last night I just lifted it up to take the picture it was kept in a bucket of water while transporting

Recent Posts