Constant white spot

Reaction score
hi folks
iv had a new hepatus in my system for about a month now and since day one he has had pretty bad white spot . however the fish is fat , feeding and very active i caught im out last night using Calfos trick and fresh water dipped him for 7 minutes and this morning he is looking fine but there is still white spot present,

my question is can a fish lead a healthy happy life with white spot preent? iv noticed that northlands pets has a powder blue in there sps system with white spot and he has had it for months now and is still going strong!!

plase can someone help me out with some answers on this topic?

kind regards

calvin

Paracanthus Hepatus ive had the same problem with my guy about 7 months back when i put him in my tank.he had terrible whitespots for over a month but he continued to eat and the whitespots just disapperead,never did any treatment.i would suggest,leave him alone as long as he's feeding

i think thats what im going to do! he is fat and healthy and treatment will probly stress him even more

im just stressing about the white spot spreading! to my other fish

lol hope it stays this way!

Yip as long as he is eating he is eating it.

I have 2 clowns that had WS on and off for 2 months

Are you adding Garlic to the food Calvin?

Sure he is

Garlic bread
Garlic snails
Garlic in lasagna
in the pesto, the mafiosa etc etc

yes tom im feeding garlic eight times a day

no not kidding i feel the more you feed the better only small amounts though

i found fixing the sg to 1018 helps try it you can even try a sg of 1010 and keep it there for a few months

i found fixing the sg to 1018 helps try it you can even try a sg of 1010 and keep it there for a few months
A lowered salinity may help but only in a separate quarantine tank, not in your display tank with corals etc.

Back
Top Bottom