Cone Bubble Blaster XP2000 comments please

Can I please have your opinion on this skimmer for a 500L DT + 200L sump SPS setup?

Thanks
Chris

Hi ChrisNell

Is it an external or Internal version?

Im using the internal one and is very happy with mine. Just takes time to setup.
It is depth sensitive, so take caution how deep you place the skimmer in the sump...if it is the internal cone skimmer. I do not have SPS yet, so I cannot give real experience regarding this skimmer and SPS.

The skimmer only uses 28 - 32 watts and is very silent! Easy to clean.
The Skimmer is rated for up to 600ltrs, depending on how heavy you stock your tank. SPS require more filtration. You may get away with your total volume and the XP2000. But rather look at a range just above the XP2000, if you can afford it.

Hope it helps.
Good luck :)

The RO nw series is also really good. It has the BB body, just it uses an OTP pump instead of a BB. I have one and I heard that its about as good as a BB, but it uses alot of power! Mine is 120w and is on the noisey side... But hey its cheaper than a BB :p .. Its best to get the best skimmer you can afford. Dont skimp on that :) .. If you can afford it, try and go for a skimmer rated at 1000L, and you cant go wrong with BB :)

Hi ChrisNell

Im using the internal one and is very happy with mine. Just takes time to setup.
It is depth sensitive, so take caution how deep you place the skimmer in the sump...if it is the internal cone skimmer. I do not have SPS yet, so I cannot give real experience regarding this skimmer and SPS.

The Skimmer is rated for up to 600ltrs, depending on how heavy you stock your tank. SPS require more filtration. You may get away with your total volume and the XP2000. But rather look at a range just above the XP2000, if you can afford it.

Hope it helps.

Glad you are happy with yours

I dont know how they rate this skimmer at 600Ltr I think thats crazy I would rate the XP 1000 good for 600Ltrs and the XP 2000 Good for 1000Ltrs. I think it has to be one of the very best mid to large skimmers available

Hi ChrisNell

Hope it helps.

Thanks for your feedback - I do have quite a bit of livestock as well, should maybe go for the 3000

The RO nw series is also really good. It has the BB body, just it uses an OTP pump instead of a BB. I have one and I heard that its about as good as a BB, but it uses alot of power! Mine is 120w and is on the noisey side... But hey its cheaper than a BB :p .. Its best to get the best skimmer you can afford. Dont skimp on that :) .. If you can afford it, try and go for a skimmer rated at 1000L, and you cant go wrong with BB :)

Great thanks - yeah, I must say I do not like anything around my setup to be noisy.

Glad you are happy with yours

I dont know how they rate this skimmer at 600Ltr I think thats crazy I would rate the XP 1000 good for 600Ltrs and the XP 2000 Good for 1000Ltrs. I think it has to be one of the very best mid to large skimmers available

Eish - I also read some literature that the 2000 is actually rated for 1000 litres. Decisions, decisions . . . .

I have the same pump BB2000 on my bubble blaster skimmer(not cone) and can tell you that it is quieter than the other pumps but still not silent. It gives off a hum. I am VERY, VERY fussy with noise on the tank and would prefer a quieter pump. Not that I think they exist at this stage. Performance wise I am happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom