Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mrnanotank submitted a new listing:

Complete set up FOR SALE - Cape Town - Complete set up FOR SALE - Cape Town

Equipment/ Hardware:

• AI Prime 16HD. - R3000
  • Bubble magus QQ1 - R800
  • Red Sea test kit. - R1000 (tests all elements)
  • Chemicals. - R500
  • Refractometer. - R500
  • Fish food & coral food. - R500 (Aqua Forest - build; amino mix; energy; vitality)
  • Net & glass scrubber. - R100
  • Tank...

See the full listing...

I think it's fair to say this so people can be aware of the situation. The name of acc holder is Russel. As far as ik @Ridu @Viking Aquatics @Mekaeel and @Muzwaid karim can back me up on this about him selling already dead coral to not me but about 12 people with the same case and story. I'm not gonna say anything to hurt the guys reputation. But when I spoke to him about this, he blocked me and never took my calls or messages. I had to get all these guys to message on my behalf saying I'd have to call his business line if he blocked my calls once he got cought out. He did have to do an eft back to me but that's because I had to take it to extreme matters. But there has been guys who he did this to who just kept quiet. Unfortunately I'm not letting guys get scammed like that. We are meant to be helping each other in the hobby and it is right to make people aware of these ever-growing scams damaging the hobby.
Screenshot_20210514_093718_com.whatsapp.jpg

This is what I told was being sold to me pics all look good, asked for pics and was sent this.
Screenshot_20210514_093724_com.whatsapp.jpg

This is what I received. A dead scolly that had purple algae and green algae already on underneath of the skeleton. Implying it had died months ago and he had lied saying the 1st image is how it looked like.
This member has been kicked out of pet stores in cpt. He has actually been kicked of masa itself if I stand corrected. Came up with new numbers even as a girl to mask the true identity. We all work hard for our money, we all give our money with trust in the reefing community

Hi guys been reading the comments i dont know the whole history of whats happened before not choosing any sides or anything just giving my own personal experience. I booked the rock flower anemone last night, this morning i went to view it and collect it and its now happily in my tank. So for me i had a good experience dealing with the seller

Admins should intervene. Just close his account and end. Yeah it’s good to warn people of such incidences, however to target someone on open forums seems a bit harsh. These things should be taken off forum.

Clearly got a name for yourself when you reregister under different aliases. AI16HD quite sort after now so hopefully that’s not dead :lol:. A dead scoly is no laughing matter though

Admins should intervene. Just close his account and end. Yeah it’s good to warn people of such incidences, however to target someone on open forums seems a bit harsh. These things should be taken off forum.
I agree. I has ran that message past a admin before I posted it actually. And the admin knew what he did then and now. That's why his first profile was kicked of masa and a few groups even some petshops. Unfortunately just closing the acc doesn't get rid of the post here so people can still see the add, and take his number to whatsapp message. Then wrong doings can occur. I agree with @Muneebb that going to see the coral first does help. But when you courier with him and unable to see the coral then he does his scams. So like I say and learnt the hard way be weary on how you spend your money with whom. Especially if the gus has a reputation of being know in for being given inferior corals to people. I spoken now with 2 admins about this and I really hope they able to sort out people like this especially if one of them has been removed off forrumn for this reason

Admins will always do what they can but there is a limit and they are rightfully not responsible. Most sales here are fair amongst respectful members

I think it's fair to say this so people can be aware of the situation. The name of acc holder is Russel. As far as ik @Ridu @Viking Aquatics @Mekaeel and @Muzwaid karim can back me up on this about him selling already dead coral to not me but about 12 people with the same case and story. I'm not gonna say anything to hurt the guys reputation. But when I spoke to him about this, he blocked me and never took my calls or messages. I had to get all these guys to message on my behalf saying I'd have to call his business line if he blocked my calls once he got cought out. He did have to do an eft back to me but that's because I had to take it to extreme matters. But there has been guys who he did this to who just kept quiet. Unfortunately I'm not letting guys get scammed like that. We are meant to be helping each other in the hobby and it is right to make people aware of these ever-growing scams damaging the hobby.
Screenshot_20210514_093718_com.whatsapp.jpg

This is what I told was being sold to me pics all look good, asked for pics and was sent this.
Screenshot_20210514_093724_com.whatsapp.jpg

This is what I received. A dead scolly that had purple algae and green algae already on underneath of the skeleton. Implying it had died months ago and he had lied saying the 1st image is how it looked like.
This member has been kicked out of pet stores in cpt. He has actually been kicked of masa itself if I stand corrected. Came up with new numbers even as a girl to mask the true identity. We all work hard for our money, we all give our money with trust in the reefing community
Yep i recall this dash.

Last edited:
I think it’s important to alert people if something or someone is causing any harm and I agree and back dash in his argument. We must work together to keep this hobby exciting and to keep learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom