Competition discussions

Hi all, please use this thread for any and all questions or comments about any of the competition threads or pictures posted in those threads, we would like to keep the competition threads as clean as possible with only photo's being posted, many thanks. :)

Great idea and sorry you'll need to delete my comments in the actual competition thread (did not see this thread :p )

Best advice that I can give, is shoot, shoot, shoot. You'll soon get that first real cracker shot, which will inspire you to shoot, shoot, shoot some more.

The best advice possible

Last edited:
@viper357 i notice that the video guys have been left out of this competition. Triple five Aquarium solutions will sponsor a 23kg bucket of D-D H2Ocean Pro+ salt and a salt refractometer and the D-D range of test kits for the best video/documentary of between 3 & 5 minutes. What you say.

so

First prize: 23kg bucket of UK No one reef salt, D-D H2Ocean pro+ premium reef salt, D-D salt refractometer, D-D range of test kits including the Multi Test kit, Nitrate test kit,Phosphate test kit and Iodine test kit.

Second prize 23kg bucket of UK No one reef salt, D-D H2Ocean pro+ premium reef salt and a D-D salt refractomerer.

Third prize 23kg bucket of UK's No one reef salt, D-D H2Ocean pro+ reef salt.

Last edited:
@viper357 i notice that the video guys have been left out of this competition. Triple five Aquarium solutions will sponsor a 23kg bucket of D-D H2Ocean salt and a salt refractometer and the D-D range of test kits for the best video/documentary of between 3 & 5 minutes. What you say.
Very generous of you, thank you for the offer, we can certainly do something like this. I will contact you via PM and we can discuss idea's. Thank you.

Nice one Nemos, clever idea, pity though as it takes me forever and a day to upload a small clip on my phone :(

Nice one Nemos, clever idea, pity though as it takes me forever and a day to upload a small clip on my phone :(

OK i scummed to the BB clan today. changed my iPhone for a BB torch.;) but then upgraded my 3G thing to a iPad:thumbup: and then got a 3g thing for the same price i was paying in the first place. :thumbup: now i can use my old iPhone on iMesage, my new iPad on iMesage and route it through my BB via wifi. He He

LOL your SLR has video ... Hmmmm...

so if yo want to borrow my iPhone to claim your prize. invite me to kosi bay.

OK i scummed to the BB clan today. changed my iPhone for a BB torch. but then upgraded my 3G thing to a iPad and then got a 3g thing for the same price i was paying in the first place. now i can use my old iPhone on iMesage, my new iPad on iMesage and route it through my BB via wifi. He He

And the color of the Banana was......... :confused1: he he. Get one phone- Nokia, load whatsapp, and you have three phones in one :thumbup:

so if yo want to borrow my iPhone to claim your prize. invite me to kosi bay.
:lol: :lol: you already invited, as for the phone... he he.... I'll keep my comment :whistling:

Ok, all 4 competitions are up and running, lets see some pics. :)

Hi Viper, just one thing, how come only one category for SLR and 3 for non-SLR. I think it would have been better to have a separate SLR section for, one for corals and one for fish.

im finding it hard to choose only 3 pics and would equally enter coral and fish pics. I guess I will have to get a non-slr camera :)

Hi Viper, just one thing, how come only one category for SLR and 3 for non-SLR. I think it would have been better to have a separate SLR section for, one for corals and one for fish.

im finding it hard to choose only 3 pics and would equally enter coral and fish pics. I guess I will have to get a non-slr camera :)

+1

Basically because there are hundreds more reefers out there that only have cellphones or basic camera's as opposed to the minority that have serious top end equipment, therefore the competition had to be split up as we expect a considerably higher amount of entries for the non-slr section as opposed to the high end camera's.

In our previous competitions we allowed everyone to enter the same competition and the guys with cheaper cameras had absolutely no chance as the big DSLR guys just blew everyone out of the water. With these 4 competitions I've tried my best to accommodate everybody and to allow as much participation as possible.

These are not the only competitions we will have, if you browse the competition forum you will notice the large number of photo competitions we have had, there will definitely be more chances for you to enter more competitions. :)

Michael B said:
But there have been at least 4 photographic competitions that we have had that you haven't entered? More participation = more chances of winning.:)

Hi Viper

I havent been active on the site, but will definitely contribute in the future

But there have been at least 4 photographic competitions that we have had that you haven't entered? More participation = more chances of winning.:)[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
When you where looking TOTM not alot of guys was interested, this would also be a good way for getting guys/gals to take part.:thumbup:
It must be the prizes motivating these guys/gals.:p

Back
Top Bottom