Comparison Tunze vs Vortech

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe there is quite a few different flow settings on the vortecs? just a pity no one uses any of them except for the nutrient export mode. the rest is useless? :whistling:

aaag all of you don't know what u talking about.

only one word that comes to mind...... sunsun. :tt2:

LOL and coming to mind I found this one. :tt2: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

14fa3ee98b8b23.jpg

The one thing everyone haven't mentioned is... vortech pups dont give off as much heat to the tank... the part that generates heat is out off the water column... :tt2:

well it can go both ways. good for vortec in the summer, and good for tunze in the winter.:tt2:

You forgot the most important feature its free small fish blender option if you leave off the foam protector you have to put on to protect against small fish???

I've seen MP40 pumps running without the protectors. And no fish is harmed. Fish stays away from all pumps, unless sick and half dead. Snails, not that clever, had a snail entering the front of my Vortech making a hell of a noise. Instead if moving away the snail just hunkered down and stayed in place, headbanging away against the blades.

I've seen MP40 pumps running without the protectors. And no fish is harmed. Fish stays away from all pumps, unless sick and half dead. Snails, not that clever, had a snail entering the front of my Vortech making a hell of a noise. Instead if moving away the snail just hunkered down and stayed in place, headbanging away against the blades.

Anemones?

aaag all of you don't know what u talking about.

only one word that comes to mind...... sunsun. :tt2:

Daarsy BW, se hulle.
And we all had those sunsun pumps. I still have some. And they still work

@Express Reef. you should oil those vortec bearings before they seize up. use castrol only. :tt2:

Dident you know Goby?
They come out the factory like that. Noizy, Otherwise the reefer thinks theres something wrong if there to quiet. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Anemones?

Not safe with any pump if no protection is in place.

The Vortech pump, being closer to the glass cannot suck an anemone in as easily as pumps whose intake are further away from the glass. But yes, can and will still happen. Without the protector on the Vortech I believe it will be cut and pushed away before the jelly blob becomes a mess around the impeller.

Even closed loops needs to be design so that small fish and snails, including anemones cannot enter the intake.

Here I think a Polario will even be a better option, especially if used in a closed loop with protection grid. Al least it will blow out the anemone before it can enter the grid and get stuck.

Last edited:
but then again, a Polario on a closed loop will be some really big pieces of plumbing. Need to be sure that you can hide it. And how to isolate it, with ballvalves or whatever for maintenance, I really do not know. So yes, Polario external is not an option.

do you think that one can get better flow results from a single 10,000lph dc pump on a closed loop system than 1 or 2 power flow pumps like the TUNZE or vortec of equivalent size

Last edited:
do you think that one can get better flow results from a single 10,000lph dc pump on a closed loop system

No
The Vortech and Tunze is up to 15000L/h maxed out.

Splitting the DC10000 into 2 outlets and you sit with 5000 per outlet, not taking head pressure due to bends into account. Less than a cheap SunSun.

No
The Vortech and Tunze is up to 15000L/h maxed out.

Splitting the DC10000 into 2 outlets and you sit with 5000 per outlet, not taking head pressure due to bends into account. Less than a cheap SunSun.

ok, but let's not look at power of the flow. how about the overall current in the tank? especially when you can get flow upwards from the bottom.

PS. at least the DC pump would start after a power failure. hehe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom