Companions for triggers

Reaction score
I want to do some research on triggers and other fish that can go together.
My display tank would be 200 litres with a sump below. The idea is to have a fish only, because I want to house triggers. What kind of triggers should I look out for and what other fish can go with them. Does anyone have advice on the picasso and the rectangular (25mm size seen) as these are the two I have seen the most of in shops. I have also seen the blue throat but only larger specimens so far (80-100mm).:wave2:

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Dude, i kept a rectangular trigger (locally caught specimen). When they are juvenilles eg.when i had mines he was about 2cm. As soon as he reached +-7cm,he became very aggressive and started killing all my new additions to the tank, and eventually killed himself by jumping out of the tank :p

Reaction score
is 200l big enough for trigger?

and what sort of skimmer do you have as they produce heavey amounts of detritus which you need taken care ok fast:)

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I still love your blue trigger Warr :) - awesome little guy :thumbup:

Reaction score
those triggers ar quite nice, but i think your tank is a bit to small to house them:(

Reaction score
Mmm. I'll have to get a larger tank or house something else.
What size display tank would be acceptable for triggers. It probably depends on how many i plan to house. Probably 2 different kinds that will tolerate each other if possible.

Reaction score
My 200 litre display is 1,2m long. Going longer makes sense for straight swimming.