Common Clowns and their little personalities..

Reaction score
I introduced around a year ago 3 Common Clownfish into my 210lt Sun Sun tank. From the start it seemed 2 fish paired off right away and eventually ganged up on the 3rd Fish. Within an evening and a night I found the 3rd Clown was already in a bad way :(

He did not survive even after being put into a "in tank safe zone".

The paired up group eventually after a week then also started having "relationship problems". The smaller Clown also met the same fate. I felt terrible.

So.....a month short of a year later I bought a slightly smaller Common Clown and introduced "him" to the tank....

They got along from the word go to my surprise :1:

So a month on I am staring at my Common Clown pair and the the original Clown is a dark Orange as compared to the latest addition. "He" has become a lighter orange.

This is my report that we have a happy pair.

Question....when you clean your glass on the inside does your Clowns ever "attack you"?

My larger "female" hates me :blush:

Question....when you clean your glass on the inside does your Clowns ever "attack you"?

Lol :lol:

Yes, this is quite normal.

I've got a question though,,, is it sore? Do they bite you or just bump into you?

Last edited:
My Clown pair also attacked me. The female could not tolerate my hand in the tank yet other people's hands were accepted (only bumped, not bitten). She once drew blood from me, and that was the last straw... They are back to the big tank where they seem to ignore hands... Must be hormones :blush:

My clowns don't have a problem with my hands in the Tank...guess they always "feel better..?" after I've been there..? Be it clean glass..siphoning..etc..
Hubby on the other hand.. they can't stand...especially the Female..she draws blood from my Hubby every weekend...she loves the Pinkie and striking like a Sniper..twise on the same spot, drawing blood..is childplay for her...;)

they can attack you, especially in smaller tanks. Will not attach while your hand is still or moving towards them, but when you withdrew.

Sounds like the pair of tomato clows I use to have, she use to draw blood everytime I cleaned the glass but that was when they were protecting their eggs. Look around their home maybe she has laid some eggs.;)

Back
Top Bottom