Artist Raymond Wibowos CORAL SPECIES series has to be one of the cutest ways to learn coral care. Raymond started the educational comic series on his Instagram account @Comiquarium and we’ve been hooked ever since.
The Bubble Coral, Plerogyra sinuosa was the first comic coral to pull at our cute strings, and we couldn’t contain ourselves when more cute corals kept popping onto our feed. There are currently 12 coral comics available with new personalities being added every few days.
The coral species featured in the care sheets also include many popular Euphyllia corals like hammers, torches and frogspawns, elegance coral and several more. What we love about this series is the emphasis on happy corals. The coral care instructions are up front and easy to read reminding us the proper light, flow and food requirements for each coral.
Raymond says he gets his inspiration from his home aquarium.
Readers also viewed:
- From the archives: What interested you the most in 2015?
- Crop circle of Fungia fralinae found in Menjangan Island, Indonesia
- In the Seychelles, scientists are getting help from nature’s cleanup crew
- Unseen corals: Plerogyra discus, the lovechild of fox and bubble corals
- 14 Pinterest boards to follow for aquarium inspiration
- Unseen Corals: The square fossils of Goniophyllum
- A visit to the Smithsonian Institution’s vast coral collection
- Annual Coral Mass Spawning in Mozambique