cold water aquarium

Discussion in 'New Members' started by adnaan, 10 Aug 2014.

1. adnaan

adnaan

Due to my financial strain iv decided to rather go for cold water werby I can get water an contents from the ocean otherwise its gona take me way to long to have my own established aquarium fully stocked with the w wonders of the ocean ,iv switched now to mobile mode lol an I can't seem to reply to the responses I'm geting from the members ,I'll see if I can put up some pics of my aquarium then mayb u guys can give me your honest opinion on how it looks an your advice on how to make it beter ,I'm sticking to cold water tho ,I think our ocean has jus as much to offer then tropical ones ,ok may not as much but amazing all the same

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Your biggest concern with cold water, will be temp. If you can manage that, there are some great coldwater specimens to collect in Cpt.
    Once you have ur pulse on nutrient export, the possibilities are endless with truly stunning deepwater NPS species, more colourful than a lot of the photosynthetic stuff from the tropics.

4. adnaan

adnaan Thread Starter

thanks for your encouragement

I was jus thinking of buying a heater and maybe raise the temperatur graduly so to get my existing species to adapt to the tropical temperature,as it looks like getting my handson cold water fish that is small and beautiful will maybe just as challenging as purchasing the exspensive tropical fish as well ,but I'll build my aquarium still as is ,oh an my other concern is ,its mayb not a cold water tank I have ,I would say its inbetween,cos my temperature in my tank is between 20 and 22 degrees,and I tested the the water we're I got all my stuff ,and everything is the same at the sea and in my tank ,the temperature was maybe so 3degrees lower in the open ocean ,but in the natural rock pools wher I took my creatures off ,the temperature was almost the same some pools registered,some pools measured 1degree higher then my tank which was very surprissing for me tho ,so ya I might stick to cold water ,I actually prefer the activity and the crazy actions and weird creatures in our sea

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

you will speed up their metabolic rate thereby shortening their lifespan. Surely we can adapt to life in the Sahara, but I do not think you want to. Rockpools will temporary have a temperature increase. Until the next high tide and then the pool is cooled down again. So the creatures in the pool is not exposed to high temperatures for a very long time.

Last edited: 12 Aug 2014
Recent Posts