Coachman

Reaction score
what is the lifespan of a coachman about in captivity mine is about 5 years old and he gets sick then he gets better then he gets a bit if fungal over his eyes then he gets better again his fin got caught in a rock the other day and it broke his top fin now he has a bit of infection again is it more or less his time now or do they get older than 5 does anyone know ?

I am sure they live quite long but in aquaria it will all depend on the conditions, water quality, diet, stress.. all factors that reduce this.. I guess. 5 years, he must be big, any pics?

es he was all alone in the tank for most of his life

100_2447.jpg

LOL.. this is my guy, I think he is only 5 months max ! Itis hard to tell how big your guys is from the pic

23Nov07055-1.gif

You can see he is very mature compared to mine, he has that hump at the top.

it ird to tell from any pic he is bigger than yours though the tank is 2meters long and the fish is fully grown 25 cm

25cm.. OMG, that's huge, he must eat like a monster

Hi Nakoma - I am not 100% sure of this, BUT, I think that IF the fish does not get extremely sick, and nothing seriously happens to him or the water he lives in, that he should become between 10 and 12 years old (I have a very old marines keeping book that estimates the life-span of butterfly fish and their relatives)....

thanks that is very nice of you the wife gets attached to the fish today his top white fin broke off and he has a half fin now i am going to the pet store to get some medication for him he also seems to have a white layer over his eyes so i am getting something for fungal iinfection all the other fish seem fine and he has a little white spot as well so i raised the temp to 29 and will keep it there for a few days the wife feeds him every day with a mixture of shrimpo and garlick she pust her hand in the tank then he comes and gets it and lets her rub him on the side a few times we dont havce kids so this is her child he still eats like a pig though in the morning he has marine dajana granulated and then in the afternoon shrimp and garlick cause he is sick and at night shrimp and garlic again

His anal fin looks a bit pale. What sort of water changes etc. do you do? I know with hardy fish like this I sometimes get a bit lazy and the water get fouler than it should which can stress the fish!

His whip should grow back fairly quickly...

ja he did not make it spend alot of money on medication he got fin rot hade mucus over his eyes fins shreaded and most properly hade swim blader infection and bad case of white spot all the other fish are fine though maybe was just his time spend a few houers with the wife was crying she loves the fish i blame telkom power cuts of 9 houers at a time and the temp here gets 45 degrees in the shade it is the most humid place along the coast he was 5 years old so he was not sutch a young fish anymore i am left with a ugly blenny and a wrase of some sort in my tank i have lost a total of 9 other fish through the month with telkom power cuts where the water temp went over 30

hell sorry to hear nakoma:(

Back
Top Bottom