Co2 Refilling

Status
Not open for further replies.
What grade CO2, and where do you get it from?

Oh, and do you do a pressure test on the cylinder before filling?

mmmhhh pity you in CT

Yes, sure we test the cylinders if they are due for testing.
My company is SANAS approved for the testing of seamless steel cylinders.

I fill all my friends Co2 cylinders for them. They have never had any problems with the quality.
We get our gas from Afrox.

how much for a 2kg fill? Where are you located? What are your operating hours during this holiday season?

Company:Novamarine
4 Verbena street Paarden Eiland

We are open Mon-Vryday 8:15-16:30
We dont close over this holidays. I will be going on leave from the 21ste of December and will only be back on the 02/01/07.

My contact details:Sybrand
Work tel no:0215064425
R20 for an 2Kg refill if I am not in you can speak to Andre

Will prob see you on Tuesday then.

Some help here please:
Is there any reason why the CO2 I got filled from you lasts only a week? The first time I filled my bottle it only lasted a week. In that week I suspected a leak after stripping, servicing my solenoid. Whilst waiting for your workshop to be open again after festive season, borrowed a bottle from a friend and tested for leaks. Got bottle refilled again and again lasted only a week. (Definitely no leak) Got bottle filled again today at previous company (R108 instead of R20 or R60), and again tested for a leak. Everytime I had bottle filled at my regular supplier, the gas lasts six weeks......
Something I noticed, that when I have my bottle filled at my regular supplier, the bottle is frosted up, and still ice cold when I get home.... Not even cool when I had it filled for by you.
Please don't see this as complaining, asking a refund or anything negative, would just like to understand this.
R20 a week is not far off R108 for 6 weeks, but definitely not cheap. But R60 x 4 is a bit far off. And of course the petrol.Could it be that I am missing a leak in my system, (I guess only after running my bottle for 6 weeks will tell...
Or are there ways and ways to fill CO2?? I also find it strange that when I connect the bottle to the guages, it shows being at the same level (whether from you or my regular supplier) ? But then again it has always stayed there for 5 weeks then dropped down to 0 in a week.....
Would love to keep haing my bottle filled for that price, but will love it even more if it was to last.

Co2 Refill

Dear Irie

The reason for your cylinder being cold when filled by your previous supplier is because they fill out of a Low pressure Storage bulk tank. These systems keeps the Co2 cool by means of refrigeration and only has a pressure of 20.Bar at -18 degree's Celsius. Also the Co2 they use is not food quality Co2 and is used to fill fire extinguishers.

We use High Pressure storage cylinders that is pressurized 60-70bars depending on temperature. We also used to use normal Co2 for filling the cylinders until recently when I learned that that is a no go for marine use.

Co2 gets filled per kg and not per pressure. The only way for someone to know if there cylinder is filled properly is by taking the cylinders empty weight(usually stamped on the neck of the cylinder) and adding whatever weight the cylinder gets filled.

I have never had this complaint in the past by any of the guys I filled cylinders for. Therefor I think that there must be a leak in your system.

Try testing for leaks with some sunlight liquid mixed with a little water and a paint brush.

Thanks, really hope its a leak, as R108 vs. R60 makes it worth my while.

Okey, definitely a leak, been less than a week and empty....My apologies for sounding a bit irate before. Still cannot find the leak though.

Have you tried the soapy water test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom