clowns

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all....

so how does one get clowns to pair off and breed????

buy them small?? and put in a smallish tank???

Any tricks to this...... And lets try keep the smart ass replies to a minimum:biggrin:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all....

so how does one get clowns to pair off and breed????

buy them small?? and put in a smallish tank???

Any tricks to this...... And lets try keep the smart ass replies to a minimum:biggrin:
buy them young or buy them of different sizes, you can never guarantee expected fish behaviour (i.e. tank bred clowns won't necessarily inhabit your nem, or copperbands don't always chow on your aptasia etc etc) but leave them alone and nature may well take it's course..or not:)

Reaction score
Just buy one bigger then the other, smaller one will submit to the bigger one. atm my Clarkiis are making a mess all over my substrate skopping nest...

Reaction score
Just buy one bigger then the other, smaller one will submit to the bigger one. atm my Clarkiis are making a mess all over my substrate skopping nest...
Chuckle chuckle Messy children. But thats the secret potion. The mama must be suitably big enough to whip dads .....

Reaction score
cool, would love my maroon to breed, but they are very aggressive when they grow bigger. my maroon is still small, think there is time to quickly add another in the hopes that they will pair up?